Monday, September 14, 2020

Slimline Die Focused Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with an adorable Christmas card featuring some of the new slimline dies from the latest release! I love having the option for slimline cards when I want to make a bigger scene with many images, so I am thrilled that Sunny Studio introduced these dies!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies North Pole Santa Claus Lane Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by stamping the Frosty Flurries stamp several times in VersaMark ink on a slim piece of white cardstock then embossed with white. I blended Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass, and Salty Ocean on top for a soft blue-green sky. I cut two hills from white cardstock using the Slimline Nature Borders dies and blended a bit of Tumbled Glass onto each for some depth. 

I stamped several images from the new North Pole set and last year's Santa Claus Lane set in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink. I colored everything in Copics, keeping mostly to the same blue-green color scheme I started with the background, except for a splash of red for Santa. I added a few white gel pen highlights then cut everything out with the matching dies. I glued the images to the card front, popping a few up with foam tape for dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies North Pole Santa Claus Lane Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I added a larger sentiment from Inside Greetings Holiday that I stamped in VersaMark ink then embossed in gold. I finished up with a white frame die cut from the Slimline Scalloped Frame set, popped up with skinny foam tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday everyone. Mayra here with you today. I am so excited to be here sharing this card. I created it using the must-have Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. I love the design of these dies. They are great for creating a scene and also for making more elegant style cards. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Pink Peonies Thank You Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I used the lovely Pink Peonies stamp set. I can't pick a favorite flower, they are all so beautiful, but if I had to choose Peonies would be my pick. I used Copic and Winsor & Newton Promarkers to color them. For the sentiment, I used the "Thank You" die that is included in the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies set. I used it to die cut a window on the smaller rectangle from the set. I then added acetate to the other side in order to create a shaker window for the sentiment. I was careful to save the little bits from the phrase in order to glue them onto the acetate. I used foam tape to create a frame around the sentiment. I then adhered everything together and my card was finished. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Pink Peonies Thank You Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

Copic Markers Used: YR000, R02, YR23, YR27; Winsor& Newton Pro Markers: Oatmeal (0628), Peach (0148); For the Leaves: G40, G43, YG99, BG93

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you. Thank you so much for stopping by. Hoping you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frosty Flurries Stamps
Frosty Flurries Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Stamps
Pink Peonies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Dies
Pink Peonies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Inside Greetings-Holidays
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Dies
North Pole Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: