Saturday, September 12, 2020

Guest Designer Spotlight: Harvest Mice Cards with Caly Person

Hi, Friends! This is Caly Person and I’m so thrilled to be guesting today for Sunny Studio Stamps! I’ve got a fall card using the Harvest Mice and made a slimline card to feature all the images from this adorable set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Harvest Mice Slimline Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fall Themed Cards by Caly Person

I stamped and colored all of my images using Copic markers. After die-cutting with the coordinating Harvest Mice Dies, I added white gel highlights to give each image additional interest.

Copics: Mice:  E93, W1, W3, W5; Blues:  BG04, BG05, BG02; Greens:  YG23, YG09; Yellows/Oranges:  Y11, Y15, Y35, Y38, YR18; Reds:  R22, R24, R27, R59; Grays:  C3, C5, C7, C8; Browns:  E31, E35, E39

Sunny Studio Stamps: Harvest Mice Slimline Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fall Themed Cards by Caly Person

My background is created by ink-blending Bundled Sage, Scattered Straw, and Wild Honey Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered my panel with some water droplets as well as white ink to give it more texture. Once dry, I used the Slimline Scalloped Frame die to die-cut the stitched panel to create my scene.  I also cut the scalloped panel using white cardstock too frame my slimline card today.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Harvest Mice Slimline Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fall Themed Cards by Caly Person

My sentiment is embossed in white over black cardstock and adhered to my card. My friend and fellow Sunny Studio Stamps design team member, Leanne West gave me the bright idea of making the slimline card base smaller than the scalloped edges to showcase its beauty – the use of a colored envelope really shows them off in the photos too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Harvest Mice Slimline Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fall Themed Cards by Caly Person

For my second card, I decided to make a simple card creating a smaller version of the scene to the left of the slimline card. I colored the images and used the same colors as the previous card for the images and the background. This time, I die-cut the panel with the Fancy Frames Rectangles dies. I flipped one of the layers to give the card a bit more interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Harvest Mice Slimline Dies Fancy Frames Dies Fall Themed Cards by Caly Person

Before attaching all of my images on both cards, I used Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink to stamp a soft field of corn stalks where I wanted my corn harvest mice to be. I built my scene, attaching some images directly to the background panel, and others with foam adhesive for dimension. 

I hope you enjoyed today’s projects! You can create a simple card or a more elaborate one using all the images but either way, you get two lovely fall-themed cards! These Harvest Mice are just too cute!

Thanks, Mendi for having me guest today! Have a blessed day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment