Monday, May 27, 2019

Hawaiian Hibiscus Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hi friends, Leanne here. Or maybe "Aloha" is more appropriate since the card I’m sharing today is covered in beautiful floral images from the Hawaiian Hibiscus stamp set. I was so anxious to ink up this set and see the magic happen as I stamp each layer. It did not disappoint!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started this card by creating a pink ombre background. I blended Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink onto the entire card front. I then splattered it with clean water and thinned white paint. I added the Filly Frames Lattice over top. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

Ink colors used to stamp the hibiscus & leaves:  (pinks - Altenew Razzleberry, Rebellite, Pinkalicious, & Pink Diamond)  (yellows - Catherine Pooler Tiara & Tiki Torch) (greens - Catherine Pooler Mint To Be, Garden Party, & Lime Rickey)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I stamped out several hibiscus and leaves and die cut with the coordinating Hawaiian Hibiscus dies. I adhered them with dimensional foam squares over the lattice while leaving space to add a greeting. I stamped and heat embossed in silver the best wishes greeting from Everyday Greetings. I trimmed into strip with hand cut fish tail ends. To finish off this card, I added just a few clear sequins. 

--------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Eloise here and today I’m sharing a card using the Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

To start off I stamped out six of the hibiscus flowers and six leaves using some Altenew Inks. I then cut them out.

(Altenew Inks Used: Blush, Rouge, Crimson, Velvet / Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze, Firebrick / Bamboo, Olive, Moss)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

Next, I took a piece of brown cardstock and cut it down to a card base. I used my scoring tool to score ½” horizontal lines along the background. I then took a piece of white cardstock, cut it down to around 3 ¾” wide by 5 ¼” tall and cut a rectangle die from the centre. I added adhesive onto the back and adhered it into place. I then took a piece of yellow stripe cardstock from the Summer Splash Paper Pack and cut down a small rectangle and then in half into two triangles. I added foam tape onto the back of one of the rectangles and adhered it down into place as well.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Everyday Greetings Frilly Frames Dies Floral Themed Cards by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

Lastly, I adhered my hibiscus flowers into place with each of the leaves. I then white heat embossed the ‘Aloha’ sentiment onto a black strip of cardstock. I added more foam tape onto the back and adhered it into place.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed, and I’ll see you next week. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Everyday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment