Monday, May 13, 2019

Catch A Wave Die Cards with Leanne and Eloise

Hi there! Leanne here and I have a tall portrait style card to share that features a layered ocean scene I created with the help of the new Catch a Wave dies. I used images from Magical Mermaids and Oceans of Joy to tuck into the wave layers to make this into a fun, whimsical birthday card for my niece.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started with a card base that measures 8 inches tall by 4 inches wide. With a round blending sponge and Wild Honey Distress Oxide ink, I added a sun to the top of the card. I then lightly blended some Tumbled Glass ink around the sun. To create the wave layers I die cut some aqua glitter card stock and a custom colored panel of card stock with the Catch a Wave dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

The custom colored card stock was created with an ink smooshing technique using Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio, and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks then splattered with thinned white paint. Once I had enough die cut layers, I adhered the waves onto the card base, alternating the glitter and ink smooshed card stock.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I Copic colored several images to tuck into the wave layers. The two mermaids, seahorse, starfish, and rock are from Magical Mermaids. The sea turtle and fish are from Oceans of JoyI used Glue Dots to adhere the images. I find that Glue Dots stick well to the textured glitter card stock. I silver heat embossed a birthday greeting from the Magical Mermaids stamp set. Lastly as a little touch of embellishment, I added some clear sequins randomly around the scene. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Eloise here and today we are using the new Catch A Wave Dies. I paired this with the new Best Fishes Stamp Set to create this diagonal under the sea design.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I started off with stamping my images, colouring them with Copic Markers and then cutting them out. I then used the Catch A Wave Dies to cut a border from a piece of watercolour cardstock. I made sure to die cut it at an angle, as well.

(Copic Markers Used: BG10, BG11, BG13, BG49 / YG61, YG63, YG67, G28 / E41, E42, E43, E44 / Y11, Y13, Y15, Y18 / YR00, YR02, YR12, YR18 / Y21, YR21, YR23, YR24 / YG01, YG23, YG07, YG17 / RV21, RV23, RV25, RV29 / C0, C1, C3, C5 / W00, W0, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9 / 0 / R30)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I then used some blue Distress Oxide Inks and ink blended onto the wave piece. I then took some brown Distress Oxide Inks and did the same to a small sand bank piece I created with scissors. I splattered on some water, dried it off with a heat tool and adhered the two together. I then cut the bottom of the panel at an angle to match the top with my trimmer.

(Distress Oxide Inks Used: Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean / Scattered Straw, Gathered Twigs)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Catch A Wave Magical Mermaids Oceans of Joy Best Fishes Birthday Card Best Wishes Punny Card by Leanne West and Eloise Blue

I then arranged my images over the top of my ink blended panel and adhered them down into place. I added foam tape onto the back of my panel and adhered it down to a white card base and then stamped the ‘Best Fishes’ sentiment at an angle using a stamp positioning tool.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you next time. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: