Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies Fall Themed Greetings Card with Juliana

Hello friends! It's Juliana Michaels with you today to share an Fall Greetings cards created using the new Fall Flicks Filmstrip die and Greetings Word die. This is the first time I've made a card using only die cuts and it was so much fun!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies Fall Themed Greetings Card by Juliana Michaels

As I was playing around with the new Fall Flicks Filmstrip die, I came up with the idea of create a wreath to decorate the card front. I began by cutting a wreath from kraft cardstock using the middle die from the Fancy Frames Circle die set.

Next, I set about die cutting a bunch of pumpkins and sunflowers from colored cardstock. Initially, I attempted to use the leaves from the Fall Flicks Filmstrip die, however because they were on a stem, I was having difficulty figuring out how to use them. As I looked for another option, I noticed a tiny coordinating leaf die that was part of the Fall Kiddos stamp and die set. The die was the perfect size to use for the sunflowers. After I finished assembling the pumpkins and sunflowers, I added them to the wreath. I used double sided foam adhesive to pop up some of the die cuts. To complete the wreath, I added the sentiment using the Greetings Word die to a white cardstock banner.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies Fall Themed Greetings Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the wreath was finished and I was looking at the card, it just seemed like it was missing something. That's when I came up with the idea to used the filmstrip part of the die as the background for the card. By cutting it from white cardstock and layering it onto a white card base, it adds a bit of texture and dimension to the background.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of die cut inspiration using the Fall Flicks Filmstrip die and Greetings Word die from Sunny Studio Stamps! Thanks so much for stopping by today! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies
Fall Flicks Filmstrip Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Kiddos Dies
Fall Kiddos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Greetings Word Die
Greetings Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: