Saturday, December 16, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Winter Themed Card with Melissa Bowden

Hi everyone! Melissa Bowden here, I am so excited to be back on the Sunny Studio blog as a guest designer! I love the newest winter collection and I really enjoyed making these two cards focusing on the Festive Greetings and Playful Polar Bears stamp sets. I hope you enjoy them as well!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Festive Greetings Winter Card by Melissa Yates

To make the first card I first cut a rectangle of white card stock for the stamped area. I then die cut the bottom using the Fishtail Banner dies. After that was done I lined up the bear and the present from the Playful Polar Bears set where I wanted them to go. Because I wanted the present in front I stamped that first. I then masked it off and stamped the bear over top. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Festive Greetings Winter Card by Melissa Yates

To finish the little scene I added the stars from the set scattered around the sky and the sentiment from Festive Greetings to the bottom. I coloured the images with Copic markers. To finish the card off I adhered the panel I had just coloured to a navy blue card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Festive Greetings Winter Card by Melissa Yates

For the next card I used the same two stamp sets as before. I started with the background for this card. This consisted of me blending together a few different blue inks on white card stock to create a gradient effect. I used a white gel pen on the background to create a snow like effect. I then cut out some hills with a hill border die and layered those over top of the background. I also cut out the circle opening with another die and laid that over top. When I got those all where I wanted them I adhered them down. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Festive Greetings Winter Card by Melissa Yates

I then blended some ink around the outside to give it a little more dimension and a bit of an antiqued look. It was then on to the star of the show the little polar bear. I coloured him with Copic markers and cut him out with a white border around the edge. I stamped him again onto patterned Christmas paper but this time I only cut out his scarf. I layered that over top to make it look like he was wearing a cute Christmasy scarf. To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment onto a little banner of patterned paper and mounted everything onto a navy blue card base.

Have a wonderful day! 



Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fishtail Banner Dies
Fishtail Banner Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Festive Greetings Stamps
Festive Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. I really like the simplicity of these card designs and that they're still very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete