Saturday, December 9, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Karin Akesdotter

Hi everyone! It's Karin Akesdotter here. I'm so excited to be back guesting for Sunny Studio today. I had a chance to play with the Polar Playmates set, the Playful Polar Bears set, and the Petite Poinsettias set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Polar Playmates Winter Love Themed Card by Karin Akesdotter

For my first card, I used the Polar Playmates stamp set. I started by making a card base and then die cut a panel from white cardstock. I stamped and masked the seal, and then stamped the hole in the ice. I then colored the seal using Copic markers and stamped my sentiment. I also die cut some hearts from red cardstock and adhered them around the image. I adhered the finished panel to my card base with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Winter Themed Birthday Card by Karin Akesdotter

For my second card, I used the Playful Polar Bears stamp set and coordinating dies. I created a snow scene layering white die cut hills on blue polka dot paper. I stamped, colored, and cut my images and then adhered to create my scene with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bears Christmas Card by Karin Akesdotter

This next card also features the Playful Polar Bears stamp set and coordinating dies. I inked my white cardstock with Distress inks to create an ombre like sky background. Once it was completely dry, I sprinkled embossing powder on the background and heat embossed it to create snow. I cut a frame and then stamped, colored and die cut three cute bears. I assembled all my pieces together to create a little snowy bear scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Polar Playmates Winter Hugs Card by Karin Akesdotter

Once again, I used the Polar Playmates stamp set and coordinating dies for a fun little card. I started by making a square card base from light blue cardstock, and then created a snow background by dry embossing a panel of white cardstock. I stamped, colored and die cut the cute images from the stamp set and assembled them all on my card to create a cute arctic scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Petite Poinsettias Christmas Card by Karin Akesdotter

For my last card, I used the Petite Poinsettias stamp set and coordinating dies. I stamped the poinsettia and leaves using different shades of red and green ink, and then die cut them with the coordinating dies. I then made a window card from white cardstock. I created a pretty background for the window opening by stamping snowflakes onto blue cardstock. I stamped the sentiment and adhered the finished panel to my card base. I then added my stamped flower and leaves to the center of the window.

Thanks so much for having me back today. I hope you enjoyed my cards. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Petite Poinsettias Stamps
Petite Poinsettias Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Petite Poinsettias Dies
Petite Poinsettias Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polar Playmates Stamps
Polar Playmates Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Polar Playmates Dies
Polar Playmates Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: