Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Designers Choice Cards with Leanne and Vanessa

Hi everyone, Leanne here! I have a pretty summer themed card to share today along with some tips for getting the best results with layering stamps. I'm sure we all can agree that Sunny Studio has some beautiful layering stamp sets. The card I'm sharing showcases the one of the newest layering sets called Radiant Plumeria.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Summer Themed Card by Leanne Wes

Over the years I've tried out many different kinds of white card stock to stamp on. When using solid image stamps, I think it's very important to use a good quality card stock. When I'm stamping layered images, I always use Papertrey Ink's Stamper's Select white card stock. It's a 110 lb. weight bright white card stock which absorbs the ink evenly for a beautiful stamped image every time.  

Another important tip I have for getting nice crisp stamped images, is taking a white eraser and rubbing it over the the stamp before apply any ink. This is really helpful with new stamps. The eraser will rub off any residue and reduces the slickness of the stamp's surface which results in better ink coverage over the stamp. Rubbing the eraser over the stamp before inking has always helped me to get a clean solid image with just one application of ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Radiant Plumeria Summer Themed Card by Leanne Wes

When using highly detailed layering stamps like the ones in the Radiant Plumeria set, my next tip is an absolute must! After stamping each layer, use a heat gun to dry the ink. As you can see on my card, the long skinny leaves have some very fine vein detail. I used just two stamp layers to get that detail. I stamped the first solid layer and then hit it with my heat gun to dry the ink. Then when I stamped the second layer, that image didn't get absorbed into the first quite so much and the vein detail is much more visible. I used this same trick for stamping all the flowers which have many layers.  

I hope you'll find these tips to be useful when creating with Sunny Studio's fun layering stamps. Until next time, happy stamping!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here today with a summer-themed hello card using Sealiously Sweet. These cuties are enjoying a relaxing day at the beach:

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Hello Word Die Everyday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I first inked my white cardstock panel with turquoise and yellow Distress Inks and stamped the waves from Tropical Scenes. Then I die-cut some of the waves with the matching dies and adhered the panel to the card. I die-cut the island from cardstock, inked it with Distress Inks, applied ink droplets, adhered the piece and trimmed off the edge. Now I stamped all the images, colored them with Copics, die-cut the elements with the matching dies and adhered the pieces to the card, raising some with foam tape. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sealiously Sweet Tropical Scenes Hello Word Die Everyday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

Finally, I die-cut the Hello Word Die from white cardstock, inked it with turquoise Distress Ink and adhered it to the card. These tiny wave dies are genius! I loved tucking the images in. 

Here are all the sets I used for today's card:
Tropical Scenes and matching dies (island, waves)
Sealiously Sweet and matching dies (seals, ball)
Seasonal Trees and matching dies (palm tree)

Thanks for stopping by! See you again on Thursday!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Radiant Plumeria Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Radiant Plumeria Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment