Monday, August 26, 2019

Frilly Frames Focused Cards by Leanne and Eloise

Hello and happy Monday! Leanne here and I have a frilly thank you card to share today. I love all the different Frilly Frames dies and how they can help add texture and interest to any card. My card today showcases the Retro Petals Filly Frames

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Leanne West

I started with a white A2 size card base. I added a panel of light green card stock cut slightly smaller. I then layered the die cut Retro Petals panel over top.

Inks used for the rose and leaves: Altenew Cherry Blossom and Tropical Forest ink cube sets

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Leanne West

Next I stamped out the greeting on a wide strip of white card stock. The greeting is from the Elegant Leaves stamp set. I then stamped out a rose, leaves, and a few tiny flowers from the Everything's Rosy stamp set. I adhered the stamped images with some tucked under the greeting strip.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Leanne WestSunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Elegant Leaves Everything's Rosy Thank You Card by Leanne West

I wanted to make this card extra special so I added some embellishment. I used Cloud 9 Nuvo Dream Drops to dot the centers of the petal pattern. I also added a few pink sequins I found in my stash that coordinated perfectly with the pink ink used to stamp the rose.  

---------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Eloise here and today I have a card to share with you all using the new Frilly Frames Sets. I used both the Hexagon and Retro Petal Sets. I paired this with the Hello Word Die as well as an additional sentiment from Plane Awesome.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Hello Word Die Hello Card by Eloise Blue

I started off with creating a card base from the scallop frame in Hexagon Frilly Frames. I cut two from white cardstock, used a scoring board to score the 0.5” from the top on one and added adhesive. I then lined both up and adhered them together. I then die cut the Retro Petals out of 7 colours of cardstock and added foam tape to the backs of all of them. I also die cut the entire background out of vellum as well.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Hello Word Die Hello Card by Eloise Blue

I laid the vellum piece over the top and then adhered in the petals. This way I could get them laid out correctly and rip the vellum off when I’m done. I then die cut the Hello Word Die from white and black cardstock and adhered them together a little offset.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frames Dies Hello Word Die Hello Card by Eloise Blue

Lastly, I white heat embossed the ‘I Miss You’ from Plane Awesome onto a strip of black cardstock and adhered it inside the Hello Word. I then added adhesive onto the back and adhered it onto the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I’ll see you next week.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everything's Rosy Stamps
Everything's Rosy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Everything's Rosy Dies
Everything's Rosy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Plane Awesome Stamps
Plane Awesome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Elegant Leaves Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: