Saturday, May 18, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Amy Kolling

Hello! Amy Kolling here and am very excited to be a guest on the Sunny Studios blog today. I have two cards to share that really focus on the spring season … my favorite! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Hello Word Die Friendship Cards by Amy Kolling

Hibiscus is one of my favorite flowers … they are so gorgeous. The Hawaiian Hibiscus stamps are so incredible detailed with all the layers! One little detail these stamps have is that they are numbered so you know exactly which layer is next to stamp!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Hello Word Die Friendship Cards by Amy Kolling

I stamped my hibiscus in shades of orange, yellow, and coraly reds. Using the coordinating dies, they were each die cut along with the leaves. I wanted the hibiscus to be the focus on my card so I kept the rest bright white by layering them on a white Frilly Frames Striped Dies. A simple die cut Hello in bold black cardstock was adhered along with a few white gems. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Hello Word Die Friendship Cards by Amy Kolling

Rainbows seem to be everywhere and they certainly bring happiness and sunshine, right? I love the sentiments and elements from Sunny Sentiments. I created my own rainbow using ¼’ strips of colored cardstock. Each strip was added to a scrap piece of white cardstock to adhere easily. My rainbow measures 1 ½’ wide. I added the rainbow to the center and went to work on the other elements.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Hawaiian Hibiscus Frilly Frames Sunny Sentiments Hello Word Die Friendship Cards by Amy Kolling

The stitched cloud stamps are adorable along with the sun that was stamped with a smiley face. The cloud was the perfect place to add part of my sentiment in black ink. For the rest of my sentiment, it was stamped at the bottom of a strip of green cardstock that was die cut with the grass border die from Sunny Sentiments Dies. A few bees were added with foam adhesive along with my clouds and cute sun which was embellished with some crystal Stickles.

Thanks for joining me here today!! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sunny Sentiments Dies
Sunny Sentiments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Sunny Sentiments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hello Word Die
Hello Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Hawaiian Hibiscus Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hawaiian Hibiscus  Dies
Hawaiian Hibiscus Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

4 comments:

  1. Two happy cards. Love'm. What are your white gems? They look rounded and iridescent. Very pretty little dots. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Yes the gems are white and round. I have lots of different companies gems so I am not sure where these came from but you can find the lots of places!!

    ReplyDelete