Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Fireplace Shaped Dies Christmas Notepad with Franci

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday! It's Franci here with you today with a new Christmas project featuring the new Fireplace Shaped dies and my favourite - the Playful Polar BearsThis new die set is amazing. The first thing I thought when I saw it months ago was that I wanted to make a Christmas notepad with it. So here's it is!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fireplace Shaped Dies Playful Polar Bears Christmas Notepad by Franci Vignoli

The fireplace is cute and the set is full of little details to rock it out. You can have fun building the fire and the stockings, and you only have to change color combos to have a completely new scene! I die cut all my pieces out of some white cardstock and then colored them by sponging on Distress inks.

Then I didn't separate those 4 little rectangles that are the fireplace bricks and instead I embossed them to give my fireplace extra interest. You can actually use any dies to create an emboss effect. You only have to set up your die cutting machine to the emboss mode and create this sandwich: clear plate, embossing mat, cardstock, die, clear plate. Then you run it all through and the magic happens!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fireplace Shaped Dies Playful Polar Bears Christmas Notepad by Franci Vignoli

Then I sponged some more distress ink onto the embossed bricks to give even more dimension. I stamped lots of images from the Playful Polar Bears stamp set and I also added the gifts from the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set and hollies from the Blissful Baking set. I colored them with Copic markers and then die cut them with their coordinating dies.

I stamped my sentiment from the Gleeful Reindeer stamp set and drew some lines for my stockings to hang on with a fine tip black marker. I put lots and lots of Wink Of Stella onto my scene to create sparkly details and let everything dry.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fireplace Shaped Dies Playful Polar Bears Christmas Notepad by Franci Vignoli

And here we come to the funny and time consuming part - creating the notepad! First of all, I used copy papers and I die cut lots and lots of fireplaces with the die. Since copy paper is so thin you can cut more layers at once. I die cut something like 30 layers because I wanted my notepad to be light and manageable (like you can carry it around in your purse and don't feel it at all!).

Then I stuck all my layers one on top of another, and added my decorated piece on top. I put some liquid glue at the top, and secured all my die cuts with big paper clips to press them together until they dried. I did it before going to bed so they had all the night to dry completely.

Hope you like my project and thank you so so much for stopping by! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 


Blissful Baking Dies
Blissful Baking Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Blissful Baking Stamps
Blissful Baking Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Gleeful Reindeer Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Gleeful Reindeer Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fireplace Shaped Dies
Fireplace Shaped Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment