Monday, June 13, 2016

Tropical Paradise and Island Getaway Flamingo Card with Eloise

Hello everyone, Eloise here and today I’m back with another card to feature off the new Tropical Paradise and Island Getaway stamp sets. Today I’ve created a fun island scene card with the Flamingos.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise & Island Getaway Flamingo Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card today I stamped out all the images I wanted to use from both the Tropical Paradise and the Island Getaway stamp sets. I decided I wanted to watercolour these images with my Zig Clean Colour Markers so I stamped them out on some watercolour cardstock along with Versafne Onyx Black ink so I could clear emboss the images. I then used various colours of the markers to colour in my images. Once they were dry I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

I now moved onto the background piece. For the background – I used various blue colours from the Peerless watercolours pack and just created a random watercolour background. I then used a simple circle die and die-cut a circle and used some yellows and oranges to colour it to look like a sunset. I then dried them with a heat tool.

Before finishing up the card I wanted to figure out what I wanted to do for the sentiment. I decided that I wanted it in a speech bubble, but I didn’t have a stamp so I decided to make my own. I traced around something circular and add a little triangle on the edge to create my own speech bubble, I did this with a black pen and then traced over it with a Versamarker pen to make it sticky so I could heat emboss it to make it the same as the rest of the images. Once it was done I stamped the sentiment ‘you’re sun sational’ from the Island Getaway stamp set inside it – I love how this turned out. I then trimmed around the speech bubble to make it match the die cut images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise & Island Getaway Flamingo Card by Eloise Blue.Now it was time to put my card together. I first started with a white card base and then I grabbed a piece of green cardstock and adhered that flat onto the card base. I then took some fun foam sheets and adhere it onto the back of the watercoloured background and then the background onto the cardbase. I then took some tape adhesive to adhere the circle onto the watercolour background also. I started arranging my images on top of the background, but it didn’t look right, so I took a piece of vellum and tried that over top and I liked the look of that better.

So I knew where to put adhesive to be able to adhere my vellum, I adhered my scene together first on top of the vellum and then adhered the vellum – just putting adhesive behind my images and sticking it onto the background panel now and that finished up the card for today.

I hope you enjoyed my card and got inspired – I love the subtle look of the background that the vellum made, it makes the images shine so much more but it still looks like a complete scene. Check back on the blog this week to check out the other ladies wonderful projects!

- Eloise 

Sunny Studio Products Used:

2 comments:

  1. Eloise - what a beautiful card - love the coloring and the placement of all the images - you have done a marvelous job at creating a sunny and tropical scene!! Have a happy day - love seeing your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eloise this card is gorgeous! I love everything about this card... it makes me wish I was boarding a plane tomorrow to go visit wherever that place is!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete