Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Backyard Bugs & Woo Hoo Owl Birthday Card with Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here. Today I combined Backyard Bugs with Woo Hoo and a sentiment from Comfy Creatures to create a sweet little birthday card. I just love how all the Sunny Studio stamp sets work so well together. There are so many possibilities when you can mix and match images and sentiments from different sets. Let's get started!


Sunny Studio: Owl & Snail Birthday Card by Lindsey Sams (using Backyard Bugs & Woo Hoo stamps)

I started with a 4 bar size card base made from some brown woodgrain paper. I thought this would go nicely with the little nature friends I planned to use on my card. Next, I cut a slightly smaller stitched rectangle from white cardstock to do my stamping on. I had to do a bit of masking to create my scene but nothing too involved. I decided to use the mushroom house, snail, ladybugs, and bee from the Backyard Bugs stamp set and the owl from Woo Hoo to create my scene. I colored all my images with Copic Markers. I slightly curved the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Comfy Creatures stamp set over the top of the owl's head. 

To finish my scene, I hand drew some grass and outlined my images with a blue Copic marker. I backed the stamped panel with a red scalloped rectangle to make the red in the scene really pop. Finally, I attached the scalloped rectangle to my woodgrain card base with some foam tape. I just love how all these cute little critters worked together. So sweet!


Sunny Studio: Owl & Snail Birthday Card by Lindsey Sams (using Backyard Bugs & Woo Hoo stamps)

For today's sneak peek we have a "sweet" new set that will be available for purchase on July 1st.
Sunny Studio Stamps: Sweet Shoppe Stamp Set Sneak Peek

Thanks for reading and be sure to check back to the blog for more fun inspiration! Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks Sweet Mendi! Can't wait to see the full reveal! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the adorable scene!! Total cuteness!! Yummy sneak peek!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, darling!!! This is to die for cute!! Love the way you have combined sets and created just the sweetest and most adorable birthday card - I really love the way you add white touches to your images - makes them look so cool!! You are brilliant and I applaud this card!! Mendi - SO FREAKING EXCITED about this sneak peek!! You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay this card is soooo awesome! I LOVE how you combined all these adorable little friends from different sets to come together and deliver one big and happy message to a very special someone! I love it! Your coloring is fantastic! And love the sneaky peek!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete