Friday, September 23, 2016

Autumn Splendor Grateful For You Card By Lexa

Hello crafty friends! 

It's Lexa here, today I'm going to share a card featuring Autumn Splendor stamp and coordinating dies. This set is so pretty with all the leaves, berries, and acorns which are perfect for all your fall projects. I love fall colors!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Owl Card by Lexa Levana (using Autumn Splendor, Harvest Happiness & Woodsy Creatures)

I start my card with a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" watercolor paper, stamping all the leaves with Distress Inks (Candied Apple, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn, Vintage Photo) and then I applied some water to all of them. As a last touch, I splattered the same ink colors, which I think looks really cool. :)

After I finished my background, I layer a piece of vellum in 4" x 5.25" to soften the tone. The trick I learned for this stamp set is I prefer to die cut first and then stamp all the images. I think it's easier that way, as I did with the berries and leaves. I use the cute owl from Harvest Happiness to stand on the wood log from Woodsy Creatures as the main piece of my card.

I stamped them with Versafine black ink and watercolored them with Distress Markers. After I finished all my elements, I arranged them all together and they look so pretty. Mixing your stamp sets always can give you a fresh look, and yes I know when it's easier to match all the pieces that come from the same set, but it's worth a try. I heat-embossed the sentiment with copper embossing powder to match all the color tones together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fall Owl Card by Lexa Levana (using Autumn Splendor, Harvest Happiness & Woodsy Creatures)

I hope you like my card for today, thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
          


1 comment:

  1. Lexa this is so cute! It is the perfect card to welcome the autumn and fall season..I love that cute little owl too!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete