Saturday, June 11, 2016

Guest Designer Spotlight: Summer Cards with Juliana Michaels


Hi everyone! It's Juliana and I'm so happy to be sharing with you today as a guest on the Sunny Studio Stamps blog. 

For my Have A Sunshiny Day card, I used the Tropical Paradise, Island Getaway and Sunny Sentiments stamps. I love how all of these stamps from different sets coordinate so well together. I stamped each image using archival ink onto watercolor paper, colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens and then fussy cut each image. To create the background I made a mask with the waves stamps. I then applied Distress Ink with a sponger applicator in various shades of blue for the sky and brown for the sand. The final touch to background was a bit of water splatter and then a splatter of ink to give it some added interest.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Flamingo Summer card by Juliana Michaels (using Tropical Paradise, Island Getaway & Sunny Sentiments)

The tropical theme continued with my next card - Cheers To You. For this card, I used the Tropical Paradise stamp set. I created masks of each image using a Post-it note and then created a festive little scene with the flowers and drinks. I stamped the images onto watercolor paper with archival ink and then colored it in using Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Summer card by Juliana Michaels.

To create my One In A Melon card, I used the new Fresh and Fruity stamp set. I stamped the watermelons and the sentiment with black pigment ink onto watercolor paper, sprinkled them with clear embossing powder and then heat set the powder. I love how it gave the watermelons and the sentiment a bit of wet and juicy look! To color in the images, I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Fresh & Fruity Watermelon card by Juliana Michaels.

For the Thanks A Bunch card, I used the Fresh and Fruity set along with the pineapple from the Tropical Paradise set. I created masks for each of the images and then created a fruity scene by stamping them onto watercolor paper using a Distress Ink Pad in Pumice Stone. I then colored in each image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush pen.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise and Fresh & Fruity Thank You card by Juliana Michaels.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I invite you to check out my blog, 17turtles, for one more card I created using the Fresh and Fruity Stamp Set and a fun watercolor bleaching technique.

HUGS!
Juliana

   http://www.sunnystudiostamps.com/shop/clear-stamps/sunny-sentiments/#cc-m-product-12983187629

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me as your guest today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Cards! These are super cute stamps. Thanks for the Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful cards!! Love all of the super fun details!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliana - your cards are stunning!! Love the way you have styled each one of them and the coloring is enpointe!!! You have amazed me with your cool ideas and fun use of these awesome Sunny Studio stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliana congrats on your GD.... your cards are all so very pretty! I especially love the "thanks a bunch" card! Beautiful coloring too!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete