Saturday, December 14, 2019

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Keeway Tsao

Hello friends! It’s Keeway Tsao from Kiwi Koncepts and I’ll be sharing some fun holiday inspirations with you today! We’re less than a couple weeks away, but there’s still time to make some last minute cards!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

I really love the Merry Mice set, the mice are so cute! When I saw those cheese trees, I knew I must create a winter scene with it. I stamped several images from the set in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them up with Copic markers. I then used the matching dies to die cut the images out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

Next, I worked on ink blending a snowy sky and used Pine Needles, Peacock Feathers, Cracked Pistachio, and Old Paper distress oxide inks. I splattered white acrylic paint generously. Then die cut some snow drifts out of white card stock and blended the edges with Broken China distress oxide ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

After adding my snow layers, I added my images onto the scene with foam tape. I used the large ‘winter wishes’ sentiment die cut from the Layered Snowflake Frame Die. It is die cut out of white card stock and adhered right on the background, and that completes the card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

My next card once again uses the Merry Mice set, but I also borrowed some images from the Santa Claus Lane set. Again, I stamped my images in a dark brown hybrid ink and colored them with Copic markers. I die cut the images out with the matching dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

I ink blended a background with Wilter Violet, Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen and die cut it with a simple circle die. I offset this background on some grey plaid pattern paper from Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 Paper.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Merry Mice Santa Claus Lane Christmas Garland Frame Dies Layered Snowflake Frame Dies Winter Themed Holiday Cards by Keeway Tsao

I added my images thereafter with foam tape for dimension. For the sentiment, I die cut the ‘merry’ using the sentiment die found in the Christmas Garland Frame. I then heat embossed the ‘wishing you a’ and ‘christmas’ from the Santa Claus Lane set in white onto kraft card stock. I trimmed it down to thin strips and added it above and below the ‘merry’ with foam tape.

I hope you enjoy today’s inspiration. Happy holidays folks!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Stamps
Merry Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Merry Mice Dies
Merry Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Christmas Garland Frame
Christmas Garland Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I just bought these Mice at my local scrapbook store and I look forward to using them. I think the cheese trees are adorable!

    ReplyDelete