Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sock Hop 1950's Hip Chick Retro Car Card with Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here today sharing a card using the fun and adorable new Sock Hop stamp set. This is such a unique set and the little 50's critters are just too cute. Let's get started!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop 1950's Hip Chick Retro Car Card by Lindsey

To begin, I started with an A2 size card base made from some black and white checked patterned paper. I cut a strip of teal cardstock and a smaller strip of pink patterned paper. I layered the pink on top of the teal and centered it on the card base. I also cut a cloud background to set the scene. 

Once I had the background ready, I stamped out the car and little sock hop dog from the set. I colored both images with Copic markers and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I stamped my sentiment from the Sock Hop set on the cloud background. Then I was ready to put down my other images. I put the car down with some regular adhesive. To add some dimension, I popped the little dog up with some foam tape. Finally, I added some sparkle to the car with my Wink of Stella pen. That's it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop 1950's Hip Chick Retro Car Card by Lindsey

I hope you liked my card today. Be sure to check back to the blog for more inspiration. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Such an adorable card Lindsey! I love the sparkly blue car! And what a great sentiment to go with that sweet little gal... love this entire stamp set!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete