Friday, November 11, 2016

A Big Hug In a Mug Card by Lexa

Hello everyone! Lexa here, today I'm going to share a sweet card starring Mug Hugs stamp and coordinating dies. Anyone will find this stamp set is super sweet, all the elements compliment each other, perfect not only for a Holiday card but also all year around.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Hot Chocolate & Coffee Christmas Card by Lexa Levana.

I started with a piece of 4.25" x 5.5" white cardstock, heat embossing the snowflakes in white from the same set before blending the background. I used Worn Lipstick and Tattered Rose Distress Inks for the pink ombre background. I think I'm getting better with this. You know, practice makes perfect they say. And yes, I will continue to keep learning. :)

All the images are stamped with black Versafine ink and watercolored with Distress Markers. I added a holly & berries from the Christmas Icons set for the coffee cup. While I was arranging all the images together I started to imagine the smell that come from the card (call me crazy but I really did imagine that! Lol), I can smell chocolate, coffee and even a hint of vanilla from the fresh baked cookies. Haha. 

What's a Christmas card without glitters? So I add some clear Wink of Stella on the cookies and the snowflake, which is hard to capture in a picture. I even used my snow marker for the whipped cream to make it looks real and extra cute! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mug Hugs Hot Chocolate & Coffee Christmas Card by Lexa Levana.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      


3 comments: