Friday, April 15, 2016

Tropical Paradise Sunshiny Day Card with Lexa

Hello everyone!  Lexa here with a bright card using the Tropical Paradise stamp set with a fresh fruity drink as the star. You will in love with this set as it has lots of fun and pretty images.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Sunshiny Day Card by Lexa Levana.

I started with my 4.25"x5.5" white cardstock, and blended Squeezed Lemonade, Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade together with a grid stencil. As you know that Distress Inks are react well with water so I splashed some onto my cardstock using a wet brush to create the faded effect.

For my images, I stamped them with Black Onyx Versafine (this is my favorite ink for watercolor) and colored them with Distress Markers using watercolor technique. I colored the glass of fruit punch as how I usually see in real life, it has a beautiful ombre color. To add an extra something, I added some flowers and a pineapple as well.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Tropical Paradise Sunshiny Day Card by Lexa Levana.

Before I arranged all the pieces together, I stamped the sentiment with the same black ink for a crisp and bold look against the colorful background. I also used some hearts in two different size with pink and orange dye inks. Finally to adhere all the bits together, I added different heights with foam tapes to create fun dimension.

Thanks for looking. I wish you a sunshiny day even it isn't summer yet! :)

4 comments:

  1. Super fun card, Lexa! I love your watercolouring and background! The colours you used are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the fabulous colors and your fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card!!!! Absolutely fantastic background!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and that background is just such a perfect foil for these very cute and my favorite stamps!! Loving the colors and your coloring is spot on!!

    ReplyDelete