Monday, May 1, 2017

Heartfelt Wishes Shaker Birthday Card with Eloise

Hi everyone! Eloise here and today I'm using the fun new Heartfelt Wishes stamp set to create a fun rainbow birthday shaker card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Heartfelt Wishes Birthday Shaker Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I first stamped out 9 candles from the Heartfelt Wishes stamp set and coloured them all in with Copic Markers in rainbow order. Once I coloured in my candles 9 different colours, or shade of colours I die cut them out using the Heartfelt Wishes Candle die

For my shaker portion of the card I cut down a piece of white cardstock and used the Sunny Semi Circles dies to cut out a semi circle from the centre top of my card. I then cut the bottom of it with a knife, to create a semi circle window. I then stamped the sentiment 'May All Your Birthday Wishes Come True' with black ink underneath the window.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Heartfelt Wishes Birthday Shaker Card by Eloise Blue

I then flipped over my panel, added two layers of foam tape all around and filled the center with a bunch of different Sparkling Clear Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I adhered down my panel to a piece of green patterned paper and then onto a card base.

Once everything was adhered down, I added foam tape to the back of all my candles and arranged them on the bottom of my shaker window in rainbow order and that finished up my card.

I hope you enjoyed this simple birthday card today, I love adding rainbow elements onto my card with a repeating image, it's one of my favourite things to do! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, I think I might have to try to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, I needed a different idea for an upcoming B-day card…I think I found my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely LOVE this card! The layout, how colorful it is, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I missed that part in the directions about how the sequins stay in - is there a sheet of acrylic attached to the back before adding the foam tape and adhering to the patterned card-stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think she just had the card front laid face down with the foam tape on back and then did her best to center the card base over the top to trap the sequins in between. Although to make things easier to keep straight, I think you could definitely add another piece of acetate on the back before adhering it to the card. :)

      Delete