Monday, March 6, 2017

Friends & Family Coloured Heart Background Card with Eloise

Hi everyone! Eloise here and today I have a card featuring the new Friends & Family stamps, along with the Friends & Family Word diesI also have a background technique featuring some die embossing with the Stitched Hearts dies as well as masking to create a fun coloured background too.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family Colored Heart Background Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I pulled a piece of watercolour cardstock and four different pink to red Distress Inks. I then used the Stitched Heart die set and taped the trio of larger hearts together. To do the die embossing onto my cardstock I use an embossing mat - they're inexpensive and super handy to have. I opened my Big Shot tab, I laid down a cutting plate, then the embossing mat, the piece of cardstock, then the dies into place, the cutting plate on top and ran it through and I continued this until the background was covered. This gets a little tricky as the dies are quite large and they can't run through as easy as they're too wide, but if you play with them a bit, you can get them through no problem. Once my background was coloured, I kept my dies taped together and ran them through with some masking paper, but this time I removed the tan mat, put my Big Shot back to normal cutting sandwich and ran it through a couple of times to get all the pieces I needed to mask. Once I had all my pieces I was ready to blend.

I first masked off the outside of the large heart, so the background and then the middle of the trio of hearts. Which revealed the 1st heart and the 3rd heart. I used Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Festive Berries in an ombre style to ink blend over the two exposed hearts. I then repeated this step for all four heart clusters. I then reversed the masks and covered the 1st heart and 3rd heart and ink blended the rest with the Spun Sugar - I was going to originally leave it white, but I had a few boo-boos, so I had to cover it up somehow. Once everything was blended I flicked a little water over top to create that fun Distress water splotch look.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family Colored Heart Background Card by Eloise Blue

For my sentiment I first die cut the 'family' word die from the Friends & Family Word die set out of some white fun foam and white cardstock, adhered them together and then onto my card panel. I then stamped the 'The love of' and 'it's everything' from the Friends & Family stamp set with some black ink above and below my adhered die cut. So the sentiment reads 'The love of family, it's everything'. I really love this stamp and die set, it's super sweet. To finish my card up completely I added some Wink of Stella in the clear onto the Family die cut word and that was it.

I hope you enjoyed my card today - I really love the background, it's so fun to do and with all that extra embossing, just makes it even more wonderful. You could even die cut it and inlay it instead if you would prefer, that makes it have the same effect, you just have to adhere it together - but if you don't have the embossing mat, this would work great!

Make sure you stop by the blog the rest of the week for more inspiration!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

2 comments: