Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Sun Ray Dies and Friends & Family Floral Card with Emily

Hi everyone, Emily here. Today's card features a unique way to use the Sun Ray Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sun Ray Dies and Friends & Family Floral Card by Emily Leiphart

First, I used the largest of the three circles and die cut a circle in the center of the front panel. Then I used the Friends & Family stamp set to stamp a wreath around the circle. I created masks for the flowers and leaves so I could overlap them without muddling the colours together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sun Ray Dies and Friends & Family Floral Card by Emily Leiphart

After the wreath was fully stamped, I used the individual ray dies to partially die cut the bands around the open circle. I die cut them one at a time so I could use my cutting plate to control where they stopped cutting near the edges of the panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sun Ray Dies and Friends & Family Floral Card by Emily Leiphart

Finally, I stamped the smaller words inside the circle, directly on the card base, and layered the die cut word from the Friends & Family Word Dies, silver on black to create a shadow, and adhered the two ends on the popped up panel. It worked out well that the 'O' from 'so' is the dot over the 'i' since the dot from the die itself would've interfered with the stamped part of the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

2 comments: