Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Rain or Shine Sending Sunshine Rainbow Card by Mendi

Hello there!  Today the team is showcasing ways to use the Rain or Shine stamp set and I have a fun Rainbow card that I created pairing sentiments from the complimentary Sunny Sentiments stamp set.


Sunny Studio Stamps Sending Sunshine Rainbow Card by Mendi (using Rain or Shine and Sunny Sentiments)

I colored my image in with Copic markers.  I used a pale B0000 to color in shade the bottom of my clouds and then popped them up with foam tape to add some interest.  I then added a little clear glossy accents over my hearts to give them some shine.  

For my sentiment I gently bent the stamp on my block to have it follow the curve of my rainbow.  Love how clear stamps can be shaped like this!  :)


Sunny Studio Stamps Sending Sunshine Rainbow Card by Mendi (using Rain or Shine and Sunny Sentiments)

I hope I've managed to spread a little sunshine your way today.  Make sure to check back to see all the darling ideas the team has up their sleeve this week!  :)

6 comments:

  1. Mendi, for whatever reason, the bright colors, the sentiment following the line of the focal point or the fact that the borders are just absolutely brilliant, this card captured my interest. I love it. I would like to know how the sides with the various patterns is made. Thank you in advance, ~M~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized it is a piece of paper with a pattern on it. The card is still awesome.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mari! Yes, it's a paper from an old favorite collection of mine by Echo Park called Summer Days shown here: http://www.echoparkpaper.com/collections/summer-days/

      I think Echo Park makes a digital version of it as part of the same collection that is also available at snapclicksupply.com I'm hoping someday they will release this collection just like they did with their old Summertime collection. ;)

      Delete
  2. It's a very cute and colorful card, Mendi. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mendi this card is so cute!! It really makes me smile, it's cheerful. Love the little hearts under the clouds and how they have that pop of gloss on them. Beautiful colors!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete