Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Woo Hoo Graduation Owl Cap & Diploma Card with Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here. Today I'm sharing a graduation card using the adorable Woo Hoo stamp set and the banner from the previously released Sunny Borders stamp set. This set is great because you can personalize your card with any schools' colors. Just stamp the cute little owl and color his accessories to match your graduate's school colors.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woo Hoo Happy Graduation Owl Cap & Diploma Card by Lindsey Bailey.

I started my card with an A2 size rectangle. I created my own patterned paper by stamping several caps and diplomas all over the rectangle. Then I colored the images using Copic markers. I also colored the border around the outside of the card with a blue Copic marker. 

I made the little owl the star of the show by creating a little scene for him on a stitched circle. I colored the outside edge of the circle and popped it up using foam tape. I stamped the "Happy Graduation" sentiment in the banner, colored the edge with blue, and popped it up with foam tape as well. I think the blue on the outside of all the shapes really pops. It is a simple and easy way to personalize your card. I finished the card by adding some Wink of Stella to all the areas where you see blue.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woo Hoo Happy Graduation Owl Cap & Diploma Card by Lindsey Bailey.

This set is so adorable! I love owls, and I can definitely see myself using this set for more than just graduation cards. It is nice that the graduation cap is not attached to the owl, so you can choose to use it or not. Thanks for reading, and I hope you've been inspired to create your own personalized graduation card for your own graduate!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! I just love this owl! And your homemade patterned paper looks awesome!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey - this card has it all!! Love the blue layers and the cutely, superbly colored images!! The touches of white that you added just add to the perfect-ness of the card!!

    ReplyDelete