Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Berry Bliss Single Color Ink Technique Card with Franci

Hi there and happy Wednesday! It's Franci here with you today with a Tutti Frutti card featuring the new Berry Bliss set! The new layering stamp set for this release is all about red fruits - it includes a strawberry, some cherries, a raspberry ( that you can also dress as a blue raspberry!) and a blueberry. Plus some leaves and stems of course!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Berry Bliss Single Color Ink Technique Card by Franci Vignoli

Guys, it's amazing! The fruits are so realistic and awesome!! So for today's card I added a little challenge, as I created every single fruit with just one ink pad! I do not have lots of colors of dye inks and haven’t had the chance to buy more yet. So for today’s card, I played a little bit with the second generation stamp technique and with my stamp positioner!

First, I created my card base from white cardstock and die cut this beautiful fancy frame out of some kraft cardstock using the new Fancy Frames Rectangle dies. Then I started stamping all of my fruits. I tested the images and my ink out and I finally followed this ultimate scheme (please note: a stamp positioner is not strictly necessary but I highly recommend it if you'd like to use the second generation stamp technique!).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Berry Bliss Single Color Ink Technique Card by Franci Vignoli

I stamped my lightest images first: 1 +1 second generation stamp (I basically inked up my stamp, stamped onto some copy paper, and then stamped it again onto my cardstock. I did this twice.

Then I stamped the second layer, repeating what I have done previously and for the third layer I inked it and stamped it directly onto the image twice. So my images are basically built by 6 layers of the same color ink. 

For the leaves I had two different greens and for the raspberry I stamped four layers with the same ink - twice on top of the image. I also did the same with my blueberry, but I used a blue ink.

To complete my card I die cut all of my stamped images with the coordinating dies and adhered all of the fruits and the frame with a combo of liquid glue and foam adhesive. Finally, I die cut the “Hello” with the new Hello Word die, and glued it down as well, stamping my sentiment with a black ink.

This card was so much fun to make and I hope it inspired you to create with this new cool set! Have a lovely day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

https://sunnystudiostamps.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/berry-bliss-dies

1 comment:

  1. I love the berry bliss stamp. I can’t wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete