Sunday, June 17, 2018

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Michelle Short

Hello there, Michelle Short here and I am delighted to be back guest designing with Sunny Studio today. I have three cards to share and I had a lot of fun making them!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critter Campout Cascading Stars Card by Michelle Short

For my first card, I started off by creating the background for my scene. I stamped the Cascading Stars stamp on to a piece of watercolour paper, using Versamark Ink. I applied clear embossing powder and heat set. I then stamped and embossed the stars again, so that it covered the width of the panel. I took Distress Inks in various shades of blue and blended these on to the top of the panel for the night sky. I then blended browns on to the bottom, for the ground. I took the sentiment from the Critter Campout stamp set and stamped this with black ink on to the bottom of the panel. This piece was then added to an A2 white card base with tape runner.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critter Campout Cascading Stars Card by Michelle Short

I took the critters and fire from the Critter Campout stamp set and stamped these with black ink on to white cardstock. I coloured them with Copic Markers, adding a little yellow glow to the critters from the fire. These were then die cut out using the coordinating dies. These were added to the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Hello Word Die Card by Michelle Short

My next card uses the wonderful Background Basics stamp set to create a background. This is such a versatile set! I took the polka dot stamp from the set and stamped this repeatedly over a panel of watercolour paper with Versamark Ink. I applied white embossing powder and heat set. I then took Distress Inks in rainbow colours and blended these on to the panel. The panel was cut down and added to an A2 card base, at an angle, with tape runner.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Hello Word Die Card by Michelle Short

I took the turtle from the Oceans of Joy stamp set and stamped him on to white cardstock with black ink. I coloured him with Copic Markers and die cut out with the coordinating dies. I also die cut the Hello Word die from black cardstock three times and stacked these up with liquid glue. The hello die was added to the card with more liquid glue and the turtle added with foam tape. I took the ‘sea you soon’ sentiment from the Oceans of Joy stamp set and heat embossed this in white onto black cardstock. This was cut in to a strip and added to the card with more foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Magical Mermaids Card by Michelle Short

For my last card, I wanted to use the Background Basics stamp set for a border, instead of a whole background. I really love the accent of black and white stripes on this card! I took an A2 white card base and stamped the diagonal stripes stamp from the set on to it using black ink. I then took a panel of watercolour paper and blended blue Distress ink onto it for a sea background. This was splattered with water before stamping the sentiment from the Magical Mermaids stamp set on to it with black ink. I added the panel to the card base with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Background Basics Magical Mermaids Card by Michelle Short

I took one of the mermaids from the Magical Mermaids stamp set, along with the rock and seaweed, and stamped these on to white cardstock with black ink. I then die cut them with the coordinating dies. I coloured them with Copic Markers and added them to the card with a combination of tape runner and foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards today, a big thank you to Mendi for having me guest with Sunny Studio Stamps today! Have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cascading Stars Stamps
Cascading Stars Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Stamps
Critter Campout Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critter Campout Dies
Critter Campout Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Background Basics Stamps
Background Basics Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

4 comments: