Monday, January 2, 2017

Rain or Shine Let's Weather It Together Card with Eloise

Hello everyone. Happy New Year! Eloise here and I'm here to show you a card I made with the Rain or Shine stamp set.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Rain or Shine Let's Weather It Together card by Eloise Blue.

To start off my card today I stamped the images from the Rain or Shine stamp set and coloured them in some Copic Markers. Of course this little dog had to be wearing a yellow rain coat and holding a rainbow umbrella, am I right? Haha! That's always my favourite way to colour these images for these scenes. I then used the coordinating dies to die cut out my images. 

For the background, I used various blue Distess Inks and a piece of acetate and made this watercolour background. I love how you can control it a bit better with acetate and also, I love the different effects you get from using it. It's super easy, I just smooshed down the colour from the ink pad onto the acetate, sprayed it lightly with water and pressed down on top of some watercolour paper. I did a light blue first, then came in darker.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Rain or Shine Let's Weather It Together card by Eloise Blue.

Now the background was complete I dried it with a heat tool and ran it through my Big Shot with a rectangle die, this helps it flatten out plus it gives it a nice stitched edge too. I then stamped the sentiment from the Rain and Shine set also with some black ink onto the background. I then assembled my scene on top and adhered my panel onto a yellow card base. For a finishing touch I added some Wink of Stella over top of some of the image and my card was complete.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed and got inspired and stop by the rest of the week for more inspiration.

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
  

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is a very beautiful blog. I hope best days for you. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment. Happy New Year! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice card Eloise! Love the watercolor in the background and love this stamp set!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete