Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Summer Sweets Cards with Leanne and Vanessa

Hello crafty friends, Leanne here! I have a sweet card design to share today. We have lots of summer birthdays in our family so the Summer Sweets stamp set is just perfect for this time of year. The classic popsicle and ice cream images in this set are so fun to color. I always think of orange when I see a popsicle image. Maybe it's because my favorite frozen treat is a Dreamsicle which is a combo of orange and vanilla, YUM!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Fancy Frame Dies Sweet Word Die Birthday Card by Leanne West

Here's all the Copics I used to color the images: YR01, YR02, YR0, RV10, RV02, RV13, R32, R35, R39, BG10, BG32, BG34, E41, E43, E70, E71, E74, E77

This card is A2 size. I added texture to the panel of teal card stock with the Quilted Hearts embossing folder. I die cut the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies to highlight my image cluster. I backed the frames with vellum to mute the background panel. I felt the images stood out better with the vellum behind them. I added a greeting that's part stamped and part die cut. The stamped part I white heat embossed on some chocolate brown card stock and trimmed into thin strips. I die cut the Sweet word from pink glitter card stock.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Fancy Frame Dies Sweet Word Die Birthday Card by Leanne West

Once I had all the images and greeting in place, I thought this card could use just a bit of extra embellishment. I decided to add a few red hearts. These cute little hearts can be found in the Red & Pink Clay Heart Confetti mix

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a funny card using Summer Sweets. These treats are so sweet and I wanted to give them more "personality":

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

I first die-cut the Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Die from white cardstock and inked the inside parts with red, pink, orange and yellow inks before adhering the pieces to the card. Now I stamped all the images, colored the elements with Copics, die-cut everything with the matching dies and adhered all the parts to the card, popping-up some with foam tape.

I then stamped and heat-embossed the sentiment onto dark brown cardstock, heat-embossed it with white embossing powder, die-cut the speech bubble from it and adhered it to the card. Finally, I added Birthday Cake Dot Sprinkles to finish the card off.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Sweets Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn

For today's card, I used the following products:
Summer Sweets + matching dies (popsicles, sandwich, sundae, milk shake, faces, sentiment)
Cruisin' Cuisine + matching dies (ice cream cone)
Sealiously Sweet matching dies (sunglasses)
Fast Food Fun (laughing faces)
Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Die (frame, speech bubble)
Birthday Cake Dot Sprinkles

I hope this card made you smile today! Thanks for stopping by, see you on Thursday!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sweet Word Die
Sweet Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Dies
Breakfast Puns Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Fast Food Fun Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Quilted Hearts Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruisin' Cuisine Stamps
Cruisin' Cuisine Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruisin' Cuisine Dies
Cruisin' Cuisine Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Sealiously Sweet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Sealiously Sweet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Sweets Stamps
Summer Sweets Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Sweets Dies
Summer Sweets Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment