Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Scenic Route Cards with Juliana and Angelica

Hello Sunny Studio Friends! It's Juliana here and today I'm sharing a Christmas card with a nontraditional color scheme using the Scenic Route Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Santa Claus Lane Frilly Frame Dies Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

One of the first ideas that came to mind when I saw the Scenic Route Stamp Set was to create a repeat background with it. To do this, I stamped the image multiple times down a piece of watercolor paper cut to 4.25 x 5.5 inches. Because the stamp was wider than the paper, I was able to shift the stamp slightly so that each image looked slightly different than the one above or below it.

I stamped the image with embossing ink and heat embossed each image with white embossing powder. Once all of the stamping and embossing was complete, I grabbed my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in a mix of pinks, purples, blues and greens to achieve a nontraditional color scheme. I colored in the houses by adding a touch of color to the edges and I used a water brush to blend the colors and give it some shading.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Santa Claus Lane Frilly Frame Dies Christmas Card by Juliana Michaels

Once the coloring was complete, I die cut the panel with the stitched rectangle from the Frilly Frames Retro Petals Die. I then cut a piece of striped purple paper from the Striped Silly 6x6 Paper Pad using the scalloped edged die from the Frilly Frames Hexagon Die.
The sentiment was stamped using words from the Santa Claus Lane Stamp Set. To finish it off, I added some pink pearls from the Rainbow Pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed learning how to create this card with a nontraditional color scheme and the Scenic Route Stamp Set.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Angelica here with a cheerful holiday card featuring the new Scenic Route Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Season's Greetings Frilly Frame Dies Christmas Card by Angelica Conrad

This stamp set comes with four holiday borders that you can use to build scenes. I used the row of houses for my card, stamping it onto white card stock. I colored the scene with Copic Markers, and used the coordinating die to die cut the top of the image. I added a stitched border with the large rectangle from Frilly Frames Retro Petals Die Set

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scenic Route Season's Greetings Frilly Frame Dies Christmas Card by Angelica Conrad

For the background, I ink-blended Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide inks onto Bristol Smooth paper. Once the ink was dry, I stamped and white heat-embossed Season's Greetings from the Season's Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped and white heat-embossed snow flakes from Scenic Route, then trimmed the panel with the same stitched rectangle die. I attached the homes with thin foam squares to the panel, and attached the card to a card base with foam adhesive.

I love this bold sentiment, and it just pops on the bright background! I hope I have helped with ideas for Scenic Route stamp set. That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Striped Silly 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: