Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Friends & Family and A Bird's Life Friendship Card with Amy

Hello crafty friends! Amy here, and I have a friendship card to share with you today. My card features Friends & Family and A Bird's Life stamp set. I think these two sets go really well together to help you create sweet scenes with pretty flowers and cute birds. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and A Bird's Life Friendship Card by Amy Yang

To begin, I trimmed white cardstock to 4-1/4"x 5-1/2 and die-cut it with the largest die from Traditional Tag Toppers to make the card front. While I had the die out, I also die-cut an A2 size card base to match the card front. However, I made sure to line up the die slightly above the paper so that the sides would get cut and not the top. This created a top folding tag shaped card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and A Bird's Life Friendship Card by Amy Yang

On the front panel, I stamped the flowers from the Friends & Family stamp set using various dye inks. I also blended the bottom of the panel with green dye ink. Then, I stamped the sentiment, "Friends Are Life's Greatest Blessings" from the same stamp set. I love that this set has so many wonderful sentiments about friends and family. I heat embossed the word "friends" in blue and stamped the rest in black ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Friends & Family and A Bird's Life Friendship Card by Amy Yang

To add dimension to the card, I stamped the flowers from Friends & Family again on a different white cardstock and cut them out. After, I stamped the birds, the birdhouse from A Bird's Life with Antique Linen Distress Ink and colored them with Copics. I decided to do no-line coloring to match the flowers.  For the wooden pole, I stamped it with brown dye ink and colored it with Copics. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out.

Then, I adhered the flowers with a single layer of foam tape, and others with double layers to the front panel. For extra sweetness, I added a twine bow on top. To finish, I mounted the panel to the prepared card base.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
A Bird's Life Dies
A Bird's Life Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Friends & Family Flower Dies
Friends & Family Flower Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Friends & Family Stamps
Friends & Family Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tag Topper Dies-Traditional
Tag Topper Dies-Traditional
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

6 comments:

  1. I loved this cheerful tag shape card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a lovely card ! I specially love the coloring. The birds are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy ~ What a sweet, sweet card you've shared with us. Very clever to use the tag die to make the card front and it was beautifully put together. Thanks so much for sharing. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete