Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Vintage Jar + Backyard Bugs = Pure Sunshine

Hi, Lindsey here today sharing a card featuring the new Vintage Jar as well as two older sets, Backyard Bugs and Sunny Sentiments. When I saw the vintage jar, I knew I wanted to put some kind of critter in it. The Backyard Bugs seemed to be the perfect fit. Let's get started.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Vintage Jar & Backyard Bugs Sunshine Card by Lindsey Sams.

I began with an A2 size card base made from some plaid patterned paper. Then, I cut a smaller stitched rectangle from some Kraft card stock to do my stamping on. I chose to stamp my images using colored ink, and it gave the images a more whimsical look. I colored the images using Copic Markers and did quite a bit of embellishing using a white gel pen. I love to use white on Kraft paper because it stands out so well. After I had finished with the gel pen, I popped the Kraft panel up onto the plaid card base using foam tape. That's it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Vintage Jar & Backyard Bugs Sunshine Card by Lindsey Sams.

I love how this card turned out. The Vintage Jar worked perfectly for my little bug house, and I love the images stamped in colored inks. I hope you'll give these sets and technique a try. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

4 comments: