Monday, January 23, 2017

Daffodil Dreams Friends Card with Eloise

Hello everyone, Eloise here and I'm going to be using the new Daffodil Dreams stamp set along with the Friends die from the Friends and Family word die set to make a sweet friendship card today.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Daffodil Dreams Friends Are Life's Greatest Blessing Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card today I stamped out all my flowers. For my stamping today I used Distress Inks. I love how imperfect they look and they look watercoloured. To do this technique, I inked up the base layer of the flower first with a light yellow, spritzed it with water from about 6" away and stamped it down. I repeated this for all three layers, drying in between and using a darker yellow each time. Once all my daffodil's had been stamped I did the leaves and stems in the same way and then used the coordinating dies to cut them all out.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Daffodil Dreams Friends Are Life's Greatest Blessing Card by Eloise Blue.

Once my images had been stamped and die cut I could assemble my card. I ran a piece of white cardstock through my Big Shot with an embossing folder and then cut it down to about 3 3/4". I then used various adhesives to adhere down my flowers - to give dimension. Once all my flowers and leaves had been adhered I foam mounted this panel onto a green cardbase. For the sentiment I die cut the 'Friends' word from the Friends and Family word die set out of some black cardstock and white fun foam and adhered the two together and then onto my card. For the rest of the sentiment I used the Friends and Family stamp set and stamped down the additional sentiment onto a white strip and adhered that below my other sentiment with foam tape.

That finished off my card for today, I hope you liked it and got inspired. For more inspiration using the new stamp sets, stop by the rest of the week!

- Eloise



Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing Friends & Family Photo-polymer Clear Stamps  Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing Friends & Family Word Die Set releasing January 2016  Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing Daffodil Dreams Photo-polymer Clear Stamps  Sunny Studio Stamps: Introducing Daffodil Dreams Die Set releasing January 2016  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. What embossing folder did you use, Eloise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. It's the WRMK Next Level Embossing Folders. It's the Woven one. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this is beautiful! I love the stamp set so much and that basket-weave background is really beautiful too!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete