Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Holiday Style: Creating A Whole New Look with Lindsey

Hi, Lindsey here today sharing a fun card using the new Holiday Style stamp set. I have never really been someone who was drawn to layering stamp sets, but now that I have tried them, I really enjoy working with them. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to use my fun colored dye inks! Let's get started.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style Ornament Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams (using Merry Sentiments and Smiley Faces from Fresh & Fruity).

To begin this card, I started with a scalloped rectangle cut from some plaid holiday paper. The rectangle is slightly smaller than an A2 size card base. Next, I cut a smaller stitched rectangle from some Kraft cardstock. This is the layer I planned to do my stamping on. I chose to use the pine branch and the ornament. I stamped the pine branch several times across the top of my rectangle, and then decided where I wanted to stamp each ornament. Once I had the ornaments stamped, I added their metal topper and hook. I love how all the layers make the ornament pop off the paper. 

Then, I decided to give my ornaments a face using the little faces that came with the Fresh & Fruity stamp set. The faces gave the card a more playful look which I liked. Finally, I stamped my sentiment from the Merry Sentiments stamp set, and put my Kraft panel onto my plaid rectangle using some foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holiday Style Ornament Christmas Card by Lindsey Sams (using Merry Sentiments and Smiley Faces from Fresh & Fruity).

I hope I've inspired you to give this set a try, even if you aren't normally a layering stamp kind of crafter. It's fun, believe me! Keep checking back to the blog for more inspiration and have a great day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
   

8 comments: