Friday, November 25, 2016

Bundled Up Sweet Christmas Card by Lexa

Hi everyone! Lexa here with inspiration using the Bundled Up set featuring an adorable little penguin who will be today's star. I'm counting down to Christmas, the most festive of holidays with so many treats. I remember how my granny always baked for us on Christmas day.  Her special treat is pineapple tarts --They're super yummy!!  And I am taking that precious memory as today's inspiration. I paired up the little penguin with the Blissful Baking stamps and it's coordinating dies for today's card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Blissful Baking and Bundled Up Penguin Christmas Card by Lexa Levana.

I came up with the idea of creating my grandma's kitchen scene. I started with a piece of 4.25" x5 .5" white smooth cardstock and create a background by blending some Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Inks. Honestly, I stamped tiny flowers from Happy Home stamp on the background to make it kinda look like a wallpaper. But sadly, it didn't show up in the picture.

The kitchen cabinet is a 1" x 5.5" piece of polka-dot patterned paper, while the doors are 3/4" x 3/4". I stamped all the images with Versafine black ink on watercolor paper. And colored them with Distress Inks, after they all set up I gave some details with white gel pen and glossy accent. The penguin size is just perfect with the tray, together with some assorted cookies on it. Yum. Here's a closer look...

Sunny Studio Stamps: Blissful Baking and Bundled Up Penguin Christmas Card by Lexa Levana.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
      

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! I LOVE the fun pink shades of pink and that little penguin carrying the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete