Saturday, May 6, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Maria Peters

I'm so excited to welcome Maria Peters to the blog today as our special guest. She has some gorgeous cards that you are going to just love! 

Hello Crafty Friends! I’m so happy and excited to be a guest designer for Sunny Studio Stamps today. Thank you so much for the invitation, Mendi! I made three cards with two stamp sets from the new release - Two Scoops and A Bird's Life.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Two Scoops and A Bird's Life Guest Spotlight Cards by Maria Peters

For my first card, I used the delicious Two Scoops stamp set. I stamped some scoops and wafers in all rainbow colors with Distress Inks in a half circle on a piece of watercolor cardstock. Then I added some ink to the background. I die cut a half circle from pink cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder. After mounting the card front onto the card base using dimensional foam tape, I embellished the card with ink splatters and some clear droplets. A little bit of Perfect Pearls mist brings shimmer and finished the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Two Scoops and A Bird's Life Guest Spotlight Cards by Maria Peters

For my second card, I used super cute A Bird’s Life stamp set. I die cut six squares and stamped six little scenes. After I watercolored all of the pieces, I stamped two sentiments from the set onto black cardstock and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then I mounted all pieces on the card front using dimensional foam tape. I added lots of sequins to finish the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Two Scoops and A Bird's Life Guest Spotlight Cards by Maria Peters

For my third card, I used again the sweet Two Scoops stamp set. I stamped the soft serve ice cream and the wafers randomly on a piece of white cardstock using several dye inks. Then I stamped the sentiment on craft cardstock and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I embellished the card with some twine and lots of clear sparkling sequins. Then I mounted the card front onto the card base using dimensional foam tape.

Have a wonderful day! Love, Maria.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
   

4 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love ice cream? Yummy cards. My favorite is the Bird's Life card though. You created such a fun view of the day in the life of a bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words, Tracy!

      Delete