Hello Sunny Studio Fans and Happy Saturday! It's Juliana and I'm thrilled to be guesting again here on the Sunny Studio blog. Today I'm sharing a trio of cards I created using stamps and dies from the recent Spring release.
With my blog being named 17Turtles, I of course have a thing for turtles and I couldn't resist playing with the Turtley Awesome stamp set. Those little turtles are just adorable!
The turtles and heart were stamped using Versafine Ink and then colored with Prismacolor Colored Pencils. I blended the pencils using a stump blender dipped in Gamsol. Next, I die cut the colored images and added some Glossy Accents to give them a little shine.
Using my Fuse Tool I created a shaker card pocket and filled it with gold hearts and little irridescent pink hearts. I placed this behind the die cut heart panel and then attached everything to my card base.
For my second card I used the beautiful Daffodil Dreams set. I really enjoyed working with this layered stamp set to create these realistic looking images.
I stamped the daffodils using 3 different colors of yellow ink and the leaves using 2 different colors of green ink. Next, I die cut all of the flowers and leaves and arranged them to create 2 border pieces. I used washi tape to help hold them together until I was happy with the design and then adhered them to the card using double sided foam tape to give them some added dimension.
The sentiment is die cut from black cardstock using one of the dies from the Vintage Jar Dies set. I placed this on a strip of patterned paper layered onto a piece of cardstock to create a banner across the card front. The finishing touch was the addition of some black enamel dots.
I again used the Daffodil Dreams Stamp set and combined it with the Vintage Jar Stamps to create this third card. For the daffodils and leaves, I used the same stamping technique as I did for the first card. I then stamped the jar onto vellum with a light gray ink. Using a foam blending tool, I applied Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to the backside of the vellum to give the appearance that the flowers were in water.
After die cutting all of the images, I arranged them on the card front. I used double sided foam tape to adhere some of the daffodils for an added touch of dimension. For the sentiment, I die cut a banner from kraft cardstock and stamped the “thanks” using brown ink. I then tied a bit of twine around the mouth of the jar and attached the banner.
I hope you enjoyed what I shared with you today. For another bit of inspiration, head on over to my blog HERE to check out a fun technique for using the backside of your stamps using the Turtley Awesome stamp set.
Sunny Studio Supplies Used: