Saturday, February 18, 2017

Timeless Tulips & Froggy Friends Birthday Cards with Amy

Hello everyone! Amy here to share with you a card I made using the Timeless Tulips and Color Me Happy stamp sets. This was only my second time using a layering set, but after making this card I've become a fan of the style.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips You Color My World Card by Amy Yang

As I mentioned before, I don't make cards with layering stamps. Therefore, I don't own any dye inks with coordinating colors, or that will produce a crisp stamped image. However, I do have a whole collection of Distress inks and I thought I'd give them a try. The images can be crisper and stamped better but I think they still turned out pretty, do you agree?

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips and Froggy Friends Birthday Cards by Amy Yang

The sentiment says "You color my world" so I wanted this card to be colorful. I used various Distress Inks to stamp all different style tulips you find in this set, along with three stems and leaves. Next, I fussy cut them out. Then, I stamped three stems and leaves again, this time directly onto front panel, leaving space between them. At this point I also stamped the sentiment and added the cute little bugs. Finally, I adhered the other stems and leaves in the open spaces. I added foam adhesive behind all the tulip buds and added them to the front panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips and Froggy Friends Birthday Cards by Amy Yang

I really enjoyed working with the Timeless Tulip stamp set; it produces really pretty flowers. It also inspired me to pick up some dye inks that are meant for layering. I can't wait to try them out with this stamp set again. Maybe I can share those with you next time. 

I also created a cheerful and fun birthday card I made by combining three stamp sets together: Froggy FriendsTurtley AwesomeEaster Wishes. These adorable critters are here to wish someone a very Hoppy Birthday.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips and Froggy Friends Birthday Cards by Amy Yang

To create my front panel, I used a cloud stencil to color the background using Distress ink in Stormy Skies. I also colored the die cut hill using Twisted Citron and added it to the front panel using foam adhesive (for dimension).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips and Froggy Friends Birthday Cards by Amy Yang

To add the party hats to the turtles and the chicks for a cleaner and more seamless look, I used the masking technique. Masking is a simple technique where you cover a stamped image so that the other images may be placed over it. First, I stamped the party hat on masking paper and cut it out. Next, I stamped a couple of hats on white card stock. I adhered the mask over the corresponding images. Then, I stamped the the turtles and the chicks over each hat. Finally, I stamped the rest of the images I used on the card and colored them with Copic markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Timeless Tulips and Froggy Friends Birthday Cards by Amy Yang

Isn't the frog on this card the cutest thing? His expression just makes me smile. Since this frog is a jumping image, I thought it would be clever to make him wobble. So I made my own wobble spring using some craft wire and tape.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
        

2 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous cards Amy. I must give those a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW gorgeous cards!!! Love those turtles and we all know I love the tulips!!!
    Hugs,
    JO

    ReplyDelete