Monday, January 11, 2016

Rain or Shine Let's Weather It Together Card with Melissa

Hello everyone, Melissa here! I am super excited to share a card with you today featuring the newly released stamp set Rain or Shine! This set is so much fun! 

Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine Rainy Day Let's Weather It Together Card by Melissa Bowden.

Like a lot of my cards, this is one layer so required quite a bit of masking. I first stamped the dog holding his umbrella, then masked them off and stamped the grassy border from Sunny Sentiments. Once that was done I masked off the grass area with masking paper and inked up the sky using a variety of blue inks. I then used a darker blue to stamp the raindrops. I then removed the mask from the grass and stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the card and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. 

To add the color to the grass I masked off the sky and inked it up using several green inks. Next I colored both the dog and his umbrella using distress inks. To finish the card I stuck the scene onto a scalloped card base. 
Sunny Studio Stamps Rain or Shine Rainy Day Let's Weather It Together Card by Melissa Bowden.

I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Melissa this card is fantastic! I absolutely adore your background!!! Love the rain coming down in the background too! And the colors of your little puppy dog image are perfect!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete