Monday, January 18, 2016

Backyard Bugs Home Is Where The Heart Is Card by Melissa

Hello everyone, Melissa here!  Today I have a card to share using another one of the newly released stamp sets, Backyard Bugs. This set has a bunch of cute little bugs to make the sweetest outdoor springtime scenes . I absolutely LOVE it! 


Sunny Studio: Home Is Where The Heart Is Mushroom House Card by Melissa Bowden (using Backyard Bugs & Happy Home stamps)

To make this card I first die cut a stitched rectangle out of white card and used a light brown ink to lightly blend the outside edge. After that I stamped the sentiment which is from the Happy Home stamp set. I wanted to do this first so I knew exactly how much room I had to fit my scene. 

I then stamped and masked off the flowers, mushroom and lady bug before stamping the mushroom house. I also free-handed a little path leading up to the house with a Copic multi-liner. I then removed all of the masks and colored the images with Copic markers. To create the striped paper for the card base I used a stencil and some red distress ink. 


Sunny Studio: Home Is Where The Heart Is Mushroom House Card by Melissa Bowden (using Backyard Bugs & Happy Home stamps)

I hope you enjoyed the card for today and that you love this stamp set as much as I do! Don’t forget to check back for more inspiration! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful scene. Absolutely beautiful!!
    You are truly talented!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa this is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous scene and beautiful coloring!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete