Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Backyard Bugs Hello Toadstool House with Marion

Hello! It's Marion here sharing two cards with you today. They are the same card, but I stepped up the second card and made it into a shaker card. Both cards use the newly released Backyard Bugs stamp set. The sentiment is from the Sunny Sentiments stamp set (also a new stamp set).

To start with, I partially diecut a circle (leaving the bottom section uncut). Next, I stamped the house and the flowers. I then took my pointy scissors and cut around the house and flowers, leaving the window. The images were coloured with Copic Markers and the grass was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I sponged on some Salty Ocean distress ink onto the card base, and then popped up the front panel onto the card base with mounting foam.


Sunny Sentiments Stamps Backyard Bugs Toadstool House Window card by Marion Vagg.

Now to be honest, these cards were a labour of love! It took me about 5 tries to get it right, but I am glad that I persisted.


Sunny Sentiments Stamps Backyard Bugs Toadstool House Window card by Marion Vagg.

The second card uses exactly the same process as the first, except I adhered a piece acetate to the back of the front panel and created a well with the mounting foam to house the sequins.


Sunny Sentiments Stamps Backyard Bugs Toadstool House Shaker card by Marion Vagg.


Sunny Sentiments Stamps Backyard Bugs Toadstool House Shaker card by Marion Vagg.

Sunny Studio products used:
 Which card is your favourite? Thanks for stopping by today,

Marion 

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are adorable! If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the shaker card because I love the blue card base. It really picks up the coloring you did on the card. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable shaker Marion! Your coloring is gorgeous! I really love that cute little house!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete