Friday, November 20, 2020

Penguin Pals Cards with Rachel and Candice

Hello friends! It's Rachel here with a Christmas card featuring the adorable Penguin Pals Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Themed Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

To start my card, I first used some Gina K. Designs Masking Magic Sheets to stamp a one-layered wintry scene. I then masked off an area for my snow and then blended my top section with Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, and Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered this section with some diluted Opaque White Paint as well as some diluted blue watercolor paint to resemble a snowy sky.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Themed Christmas Card by Rachel Alvarado

I then removed my masking pieces and set my card aside to dry. Once completely dry, I then used Copic Markers to color everything. Copic Color Combos: Snow: B0000, B000, B00, B02; Penguins: W00, W0, W2, W4, W5, W7; Reds: R14, R46, R89. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment onto the bottom portion of my card with black ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Wishing you all a safe and relaxing weekend!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi! Candice here with you today! I have a sweet little Christmas scene with these adorable penguins!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Scenic Route Stitched Semi-Circle Winter Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products for my winter scene:

I began my slimline with an 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 card base. For the the background, I first die cut the stitched circles near the top of the front panel and stamped with a variety of snowflakes in light grey ink. I then die cut 2 of the snow hills, stamped my sentiment on the bottom of the top one and glued them to the frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Scenic Route Stitched Semi-Circle Winter Themed Christmas Card by Candice Fisher

Next, I stamped the tree line, trees, lights and penguins, colored them all with Copic markers and then used the coordinating dies listed above to cut them out. To put the card together, I glued the tree lines onto the front of the card base lining them up with the frame panel. Then I put a layer of vellum over it to soften the look and adhered the frame with foam tape. The lights I tucked behind with thin strips of foam tape to help them pop as well. Lastly, I added the trees and the penguins on the snow hills and put a few pearls around the sentiment!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment