Card No. 1: For my first card, I combined a mixture of pink and red poinsettias to form a wreath on my 5" wide circular card base. After all my flowers were adhered, I heat-embossed my sentiment in the center with white embossing powder and added thin lines of Stardust Stickles glitter glue down the veins of my flowers for a bit of extra sparkle. I love the way the flowers pop against the black cardstock!
Card No. 2: For my next card, I went more traditional, adding some greenery behind my poinsettias using the branch from Holiday Style. I then sponged in some tumbled glass distress ink behind it and added a white machine-stitched band over the top, stamped with my sentiment. For my poinsettias, I used different brands of red glitter embossing powder for the last detailed layer. Some scattered clear sequins completed my card.
Card No. 3: For this card, my design was inspired by a beautiful card by Dawn McVey shared here. I love how she created an arc to hug her sentiment using the flowers! I started by stamping my sentiment just above the center mark on the right side of my card. For my leaves, I loosely laid out my flowers and then stamped the leaves directly onto my card base, which made my card come together so much quicker. After I was done adhering my flowers, I topped the centers with some glossy accents and set them aside to dry. A simple scalloped border along the bottom of my card using our Stitched Scallop Border dies was the perfect finishing touch to dress up this clean and simple card.
For my last card of the day, I turned to the same tree branch stamp from Holiday Style, taking turns masking off the spot under my flowers so I could stamp the branch from both the top and bottom. I trimmed my panel down to be 5-1/4" wide x 4" high and stitched around the edge before adding it to a red A2-sized card base.
I then added some berries from our Autumn Splendor set and placed my three poinsettias on top. Once everything was adhered, I used my MISTI tool to stamp my sentiment with VersaFine Black Onyx ink because I didn't want to risk messing it up. ;)
As a final finishing touch, I added some glossy accents to my berries and set it aside to dry. I love the shine it gave them! As an added bonus, it also made the berry color deeper and richer so they would pop behind my red poinsettia stamped in the same colors.
I am often asked which ink colors I used for my layered images. While I think there are so many great options out there that can provide good results, these are the colors I used today for my stamped images...
Pink Poinsettias
Colorbox Bubblegum
Hero Arts Cotton Candy
Hero Arts Pale Tomato
Pink and Red Poinsettias
Hero Arts Cotton Candy
Hero Arts Pale Tomato
Colorbox Fireberry
Red Poinsettias
Hero Arts Pale Tomato
Colorbox Blossom
Colorbox Cranberry
Gold Poinsettias
Hero Arts Soft Sand
Papertrey Ink Fine Linen
Papertrey Ink Classic Kraft
Umbrella Crafts Tanned Leather (for centers)
Green Leaves
Colorbox Kiwi
Colorbox Grasshopper
Sage Leaves
Hero Arts Field Greens
Colorbox Golf Course
Here's a full look at the new 4x6 Petite Poinsettias & 3x4 Festive Greetings sets featured today. These will begin shipping on July 29th, but in honor of our second birthday festivities this week, you can reserve yours today in our store HERE.
![]() Autumn Splendor Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Autumn Splendor Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Heartfelt Wishes Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Holiday Style Dies Shop at: Sunny Studio |
![]() Holiday Style Stamps Shop at: Sunny Studio |














Wow!! These cards are stunning!! I'll get to the blog hop now, to see more of your beautiful stamps! I have no other word, other than WOW!!! All these cards are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards and stamp set. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI can’t decide what I love most – there are so many amazing and gorgeous details!
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards! I wouldn't have thought to use the black background w/ poinsettias, but it's lovely.
ReplyDeleteAmazing !!!! Really perfect to match with the Holiday Style set.
ReplyDeleteAll you poinsettia cards
ReplyDeleteare so gorgeous and love
the colors.
WOW all of these cards are gorgeous!!!! I love them all and this stamp and die set is so beautiful Mendi! Poinsettias are very special to me and near and dear to my heart. My grandfather used to buy me real poinsettias every Christmas holiday and I would display them on my kitchen table as the centerpiece. Since he passed away, I haven't had the nerve to go and purchase any because it's still painful and brings up the memories ... I miss him every single day and it's been eight years since he's left us... but I do love poinsettias and I adore your stamps and cards!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jo
Thank you Jo. Such a sweet grandpa and sweet memory of him. Sending big hugs!
DeleteMendi - your cards are breath-taking and so beautiful!! You have created works of art with these new products!! I am so pleased for you and I hope you are having a marvelous day!!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteAll these cards are just beautiful, but I might have a slight preference for the wreath.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing these ink combinations, the colors compliment each other beautifully!
ReplyDeleteThank you Cheryl for your sweet feedback. So happy they were helpful. Hope you have a merry season.
Delete