Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas Cards with Leanne and Mendi

Happy December everyone! Leanne here, and today I have a CAS Holiday card to share (well, clean and simple by my standards anyway). This card features images from Holy Night. I really thought these images could stand on their own against a very neutral background. I have always loved how soft and natural kraft cardstock looks and thought it was the perfect backdrop for this scene.   

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Religious Christmas Card by Leanne West

I trimmed the panel of kraft card stock slightly smaller than my A2 card base. I used a blending brush and some white pigment ink to frost the outer edges of the kraft panel. I then spattered it with thinned white paint. I Copic colored the images from Holy Night.  

Copics used: E41, E42, E43, E71, E74, E77, E30, E31, E35, Y32, Y26, Y28, E84, E000, E00, C1, C3, N2, N4, R81, R83, G40, G43, B21, B24

Sunny Studio Stamps: Holy Night Religious Christmas Card by Leanne West

I die cut them with the coordinating Holy Night dies. I adhered the images to the center of the background panel with foam squares. I stamped the sentiment just below the scene. This acts as a ground so the scene doesn't look like its floating. Lastly, I tied white and silver baker's twine around the top of the card just below the fold.  

--------------------------------------------

Hi there! Mendi here with Christmas card using some scraps leftover on my desk from our Holiday Sneak Peek week and I couldn't let the holidays pass without sharing it.  

For this card I used the poinsettia, holly, berries and tree sprigs from our Classy Christmas Stamps which I stamped with clear VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts White Detail Embossing powder. I then "watercolored" my images using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I use quotation marks because I'm not sure if my coloring can be classified as true watercoloring and I made such a mess that I elected to fussy cut my images because my coloring went so far outside the lines. I love that even the worst results can be made beautiful again though by cutting off the ugly parts. 

For my tree sprigs, I stamped them out using PinkFresh Studio inks (linked below) and die-cut them using the matching Classy Christmas dies.  I had a scalloped mat on my desk from our Frilly Frames Hexagon dies that had gotten bent in the center, but rather than throw it out, I cut it off on either side of the bend and created the look of a gate-fold card. I finished my card by applying some clear droplets by Studio Katia (also linked below) and sentiment stamped from our Holiday Cheer Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Classy Christmas, Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies & Classic Sunburst Paper Scalloped Poinsettia Handmade Card by Mendi Yoshikawa


Thanks so much for visiting with us. I truly hope Leanne and I were able to inspire you today.  :)

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Style Stamps
Holiday Style Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio


Holy Night Stamps
Holy Night Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holy Night Dies
Holy Night Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classic Sunburst Paper
Classic Sunburst Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hero Arts White Detail
Hero Arts White Detail
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clear Drops Mix 2
Clear Drops Mix 2
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
VersaMark Watermark Ink
VersaMark Watermark Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
PinkFresh Over The Hills Ink
PinkFresh Over The Hills Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: