Monday, October 19, 2020

Surfing Santa Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a nontraditional, but totally fun Christmas card featuring Surfing Santa! This guy will definitely stand out in a sea of snowy Christmas greetings!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Tropical Scenes Stitched Semi-Circle Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by die cutting a window into some light aqua cardstock using the Stitched Semi-Circle dies. I blended some Pinkfresh Studio Island Oasis inks from the bottom up for an ombre effect. I pieced together a small beach scene for inside the semi-circle. I made ocean waves with the Catch a Wave dies on aqua cardstock blended with a bit of Pinkfresh Studio Aquamarine ink. For the beach, I used the island die from the Tropical Scenes coordinating die set on some sandy cardstock and added texture with Copic markers. I blended a bit of Pinkfresh Studio Ocean Breeze ink for the sky.

I added my beach scene to a piece of polka dot patterned paper from the Dots and Stripes Pastels paper pack. I stamped the sentiment from Surfing Santa onto the light aqua window piece in Pinkfresh Studio Tidal Pond. I popped the window piece up on the patterned paper with foam tape for dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Tropical Scenes Stitched Semi-Circle Christmas Card by Ashley Ebben

I stamped some trees from Surfing Santa in Pinkfresh Studio Tidal Pond on white cardstock and cut them out with the matching die before tucking them into my beach scene. I stamped the Santa and surfboard from Surfing Santa and the palm tree from Tropical Scenes in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink and colored with Copics. I added a few highlights with a white gel pen and cut everything out with the matching dies. Once my images were on the card, I finished with a few Studio Katia Poseidon crystals. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

----------------------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday everyone!!! Mayra here with you today. I am so happy and excited to share this super fun card with you. I used the Surfing Santa stamp set. It is such a fun set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Frilly Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I began by die cutting a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock using the stitched rectangle from the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies set. I also used the tag and stitched circle from the Sliding Window Dies to create a coordinating tag. I then added color to each of these using Distress Oxide Inks. I used Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, and Fired Brick. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Frilly Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

Next, I colored my images using Copic markers. For the red areas, I used R12, E18, R46, R17, and R05. For the peachy orange areas, I used Y32, YR02, and YR14.  I then stamped the word greetings from the Season's Greetings stamp set in black ink and used the coordinating die to die cut it. Next, I stamped one of the sentiments from the Inside Greetings Holiday stamp set onto the card along the bottom. For the tag, I stamped the sentiment from the  Surfing Santa onto the back. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Surfing Santa Frilly Frame Dies Season's Greetings Christmas Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez

I hope you enjoy this card and tag set. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Stamps
Season's Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Season's Greetings Dies
Season's Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Stamps
Surfing Santa Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surfing Santa Dies
Surfing Santa Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment