Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Penguin Pals Cards and Video Tutorial with Ana and Christy

Hello friends! It’s Ana today sharing an adorable Christmas card featuring Penguin Pals stamps and coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Frilly Frame Dies Winter Themed Christmas Cards by Ana Anderson

To create a night winter scene for these sweet penguins, I blended Chipped Sapphire and Wilted Violet distress inks on white cardstock, then added white splatter (snowflakes) using diluted white paint. While the background was drying, I stamped, colored and die cut the images from Penguin Pals. Trees and igloo are from Winter Scenes stamps.

Once I was done coloring, I cut the images with coordinating dies. I created the snow hills with Slimline Nature Borders dies, then trimmed the background and the hills with stitched frame die (Frilly Frames Herringbone).

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Frilly Frame Dies Winter Themed Christmas Cards by Ana Anderson

I stamped the sentiment (from Penguin Pals) on the bottom snowy hill, inked the tops lightly with Chipped Sapphire, then adhered the hills to the background. I added the images and finished the card by adding white highlights with white gel pen.

Don’t you think this card turned out so cute! I just love those adorable little penguins so much!

-------------------------------------------------

Hey friends, it's Christy here with a fun card featuring the adorable Penguin Pals. I also pulled in the igloo from Winter Scenes and colored all the images with Copics, then trimmed them out with the matching dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Frilly Frame Dies Winter Themed Christmas Card by Christy Reuling

To set the stage, I took the Layered Snowflake Frame and die cut it out of some Holiday Cheer 6x6 paper, that I also ran through with the outer die from Frilly Frames Quatrefoil to get that nice stitching detail along the outside edge. I stamped a sentiment on the bottom, then popped it up over another sheet of patterned paper and a few layers of snow banks that I cut out using the Slimline Nature Borders.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Pals Winter Scenes Slimline Dies Frilly Frame Dies Winter Themed Christmas Card by Christy Reuling

I adhered my images to the scene and finished off the card with a few additional snowflakes and a bit of Stickles Glitter Glue. Please check out my video tutorial below:


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Holiday Cheer 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Snowflake Frame
Layered Snowflake Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Stamps
Penguin Pals Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Pals Dies
Penguin Pals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment