Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Slimline Die Focused Cards with Leanne and Isha

Hello everyone, Leanne here! Are you loving the slimline card trend? I can't get enough of them lately. I have created a fun fall-ish scene using the Slimline Nature Borders dies and adorable images from Home Sweet Gnome

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Home Sweet Gnome Happy Harvest Everyday Card by Leanne West

The Nature Borders really made it easy to create a layered background to build my scene on. I die cut the clouds and grassy hill from white card stock. Then I added color with a blending brush and some Distress Oxides (Peacock Feathers for the sky and Bundled Sage for the grass). 

I Copic colored the images from Home Sweet Gnome plus a few extra from Happy Harvest. Colored Used: (gnome hats - Y32, Y21, Y26; gnome clothing - B21, B24, YG61, YG63; gnome skin tones - E000, E00, E21; Mushroom tops - R12, R14; mushroom stems - YR30, W3; acorns - E70, E71, E74; tree stump & bird - E41, E43, E44; worm - YG61, YG63, YG67)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Home Sweet Gnome Happy Harvest Everyday Card by Leanne West

Whenever I'm creating a detailed scene like this one, I'm always careful with placement so the scene looks balanced. I also like to leave room for the greeting. In this case I made sure to leave a space where I could stamp the sentiments directly onto the cloud layer. To complete this card design, I added a Slimline Scalloped Frame die cut from some olive green card stock. I attached the finished scene panel to a card base that measures 8 inches long by 3 inches wide.  

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here today with a Christmas Card featuring all of the newest Slimline dies. Slimline dies are very popular at the moment, so I am thrilled that Sunny Studio introduced these dies! And the best part is to have the various borders and the nature borders.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Retro Ornament Classy Christmas Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

I started by die-cutting the main mat layer using the Slimline Scalloped Frame die. I sponged it using tumbled glass distress ink towards the top. I then die-cut some clouds and snow hills using the Slimline Nature Border dies. I sponged the edges of these using distress ink. Flick some iridescent watercolor, distress ink to all these panels and let dry.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Retro Ornament Classy Christmas Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

I then die-cut the borders using the Slimline Basic Borders die and colored them using copic markers to match my ornaments. Adhere to the mat layer. Die-cut some trees from the Rustic Winter Dies. Adhere to the layer and then adhere the clouds and the snow hills. apply some stickles.

I then took Tim Holtz yupo paper and added some pearl alcohol ink, let dry. I then stamped one of the layers of the baubles using the Retro Ornament stamp with versamark ink, sprinkle WOW! gold pearl embossing powder and heat emboss. Die-cut the baubles using the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Dies Retro Ornament Classy Christmas Christmas Card by Isha Gupta

Finally, I stamped the fir leaves using distress inks in various shades of green and peacock feathers using the Classy Christmas Stamp set. Add some water using a damp brush. Die-cut using the coordinating diesStamp and emboss the sentiment onto vellum. Assemble everything together.

Hope you enjoyed this project. Thank you for dropping by! Have a nice day!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Dies
Happy Harvest Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Home Sweet Gnome Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Home Sweet Gnome Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rustic Winter Dies
Rustic Winter Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Basic Borders
Slimline Basic Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Dies
Classy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Retro Ornaments Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Retro Ornaments Dies
Retro Ornaments Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment