Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Scaredy Cat Cards with Leanne and Isha

Hello everyone! Leanne here with you today. One of my favorite card themes is Halloween. I think it's because of all the fun colors and images we can use for Halloween. For today's card, I've used an image from the mini Halloween stamp set, Scaredy Cat. I put the cute cat front and center surrounded by sunflowers.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scaredy Cat Frilly Frame Dies Fall Themed Card by Leanne West

I started with making a watercolored background to build my scene on. I used Black Soot, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxides and an ink smooshing technique to create the messy watercolor look. I trimmed this watercolor panel down to 4.25" tall by 3" wide. I layered it on top of a Filly Frames Polka Dot Rectangle die cut from black card stock. I used a Stitched Oval die to create a little hill for the scene. 

I Copic colored all the images. (YR21, YR12, YR18 - pumpkin & flower petals; YG11, YG18 - leaves & stems; N2, N4, N6 - black area for jack-o-lantern and cat face; W2, W4, W6 - center of sunflowers)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scaredy Cat Frilly Frame Dies Fall Themed Card by Leanne West

I used a white Gelly Roll pen to add highlights and dots. I wanted to arrange my little Halloween scene with the cat centered on top of the hill amongst a field of sunflowers. I left room just above all the sunflowers to stamp Happy Halloween, which is also from the Scaredy Cat set.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here with a fun interactive card using the adorable Scaredy Cat set. I really love this cute image and the first thing came to my mind was to create an interactive card using an action wobbler :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scaredy Cat Rustic Winter Dies Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Farm Fresh Fall Themed Card by Isha Gupta

I started by die-cutting the semi-circle using Stitched Semi Circle die. I then adhered the white negative part to the card base. Sponge distress oxide inks to the background. Now I die-cut some birch trees using Rustic Winter dies. Adhere to the inked piece. Die-cut the grass using the Slimline Nature Borders die. Sponge distress oxide inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scaredy Cat Rustic Winter Dies Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Farm Fresh Fall Themed Card by Isha Gupta

Stamp the images using Scaredy Cat, Bountiful Autumn, Farm Fresh stamp set onto Neenah card. Color using Copic markers and die-cut using coordinating dies.

Adhere the grass to the inked panel and adhere all the images. Adhere mini action wobbler at the back of the cute cat image. Adhere to the card. Adhere this semi circle piece to the card.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Rustic Winter Dies
Rustic Winter Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Oval Dies
Stitched Oval Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Polka-Dot
Frilly Frames Polka-Dot
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Bountiful Autumn Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Bountiful Autumn Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Stamps
Farm Fresh Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Dies
Farm Fresh Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scaredy Cat Stamps
Scaredy Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: