Monday, July 27, 2020

Sea You Soon Cards with Ashley and Juliana

Hello friends! It’s Ashley today with a very special card featuring the Sea You Soon mini set! As of last week, I now have a three year old! My daughter loves sea creatures, so I used the Sea You Soon set to make an under the sea birthday party for her with a special surprise - press the starfish and the candles light up!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Best Fishes Tropical Scenes Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

I started by blending Distress Oxides in Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, and Salty Ocean on a 6.25”x3.5” piece of white cardstock. I splattered it with white and gold acrylic paint and dried it with my heat gun.

I stamped my images in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. I used:
Sea You Soon stamps and dies (shark and octopus)
Best Fishes stamps and dies (sharks and sea creatures)
Tropical Scenes stamps and dies (coral reef)
Purrfect Birthday stamps and dies (party hats and cake)


The cake from Purrfect Birthday has three candles - perfect for a third birthday! I masked off the kitty face and ears so that it looked like a plain chocolate cake instead. I added all the images to my card, popping the cake and shark holding it up with foam tape so the light could shine behind it. I finished with the “birthday smiles” sentiment from Cruising Critters embossed in gold. I thought it went really well with all the toothy sharks!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Best Fishes Tropical Scenes Birthday Card by Ashley Ebben

To make the card light up, I used a Power Pack from Pear Blossom Press, maker tape, and white lights from Chibitronics. One light wasn’t quite bright enough behind the cardstock, so I punched a hole behind the cake and added a second light for a stronger effect. I placed the Power Pack so the button was under the starfish. All that was left was to attach the card front to the light up piece with two layers of foam tape!

I am so pleased with the final result and so was the birthday girl! The light behind the candles is fairly subtle, like candles glowing. Of course, for a stronger effect you could use more lights or punch out holes for the lights to shine through!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------

Hello Sunny Studio friends! It's Juliana and I'm here today to share a card featuring the Sea You Soon Stamp Set. Of course, I couldn't help combining it with the Tropical Scenes Stamp Set to create a fun underwater scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Tropical Scenes Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Frilly Frame Dies See You Soon Card by Juliana Michaels

I started by stamping and coloring all the images using Copic Markers. I then die cut them using the coordinating dies. Once this was completed, I moved on to the background. For the background behind the openings I ink blended Distress Ink in Blue Print Sketch and Chipped Saphire on a piece watercolor paper. I then spritzed it with a little water and dabbed it dry to create the “bubbles”.

To create the framed openings, I used the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies. I placed them onto a piece of white cardstock cut to 4.25 x 5.5, using Therm O Web Purple Tape to hold them in place. I then used the stitched outer frame from the Frilly Frames Retro Die to die cut a frame for the entire front panel and to add a little interest and texture to the edge.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Tropical Scenes Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Frilly Frame Dies See You Soon Card by Juliana Michaels

Next, I worked on creating the underwater scene by layering the Tropical Scenes image behind the framed opening and used double sided foam adhesive to pop up the other images for more depth and dimension. To complete the card I added a white heat embossed sentiment from the Sea You Soon Stamp Set on a strip of black cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of inspiration using the Sea You Soon Stamp Set. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Purrfect Birthday Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Purrfect Birthday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cruising Critters Stamps
Cruising Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Frilly Frames Retro Petals Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Stamps
Sea You Soon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Dies
Sea You Soon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Sharp idea with the shark holding the cake and making it light up.

    ReplyDelete