Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Sea You Soon Cards with Tammy and Ana

Hi friends, Tammy here! Today, I'm sharing a card featuring Sea You Soon from the new summer release. I combined it with the Tropical Scenes and Best Fishes to create a fun underwater scene. I absolutely love this little set; it’s the perfect addition to complete your ocean or underwater themed cards!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Best Fishes Tropical Scenes Everyday Card by Tammy Stark

To begin, I cut a piece of Bristol smooth cardstock to 3 1/4 X 8 1/4", and ink blended it with Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered some water onto my background and blotted it up, then I added some watered down Peacock Feathers ink onto my background with a paintbrush. Once dry, I attached my panel to a 3 1/2 X 8 1/2" white card base.

Next, I stamped, colored with Copic markers, and cut out the images with the following sets: Sea You Soon (shark on top, octopus, small fish), Tropical ScenesBest Fishes (crab, starfish, clown fish, hammerhead, shark, sentiment). 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Best Fishes Tropical Scenes Everyday Card by Tammy Stark

I arranged the images onto my card, attaching some with foam tape for dimension. To finish my card, I stamped the sentiment from Best Fishes onto black cardstock with embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Sea you soon, lol!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi lovely friends! Ana here today with an ocean themed card showcasing Sea You Soon stamps and coordinating dies as well as Stitched Arch dies and Tropical Scenes stamps and dies, all from the new summer release. I have to admit ocean themed cards are my favorite to make and this one was no exception!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Tropical Scenes Stitched Arch Dies Catch A Wave Dies Everyday Card by Ana Anderson

To create my card, I started with the arched window opening. I partially die cut second largest of the Stitched Arch dies, then extended it a bit on the bottom and partially die cut again to create longer arched window.

For my background I used Catch A Wave dies and Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass distress inks. After blending the inks, I added some water splatters then used snow pen to add white caps. For the sky on top of the scene I used clouds patterned paper from Summer Splash paper pack.

I stamped and colored the images from Sea You Soon and Tropical Scenes sets, then cut them with coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sea You Soon Tropical Scenes Stitched Arch Dies Catch A Wave Dies Everyday Card by Ana Anderson

I assembled the background behind the arch window first, added the coral reef and the fishes then stamped the sentiment with black ink in the middle of the scene. I added Nuvo drops in morning dew to create the bubbles, then framed the card panel with Frilly Frames Herringbone outline die.

I just LOVE the new Sea You Soon set, it pairs so well with previously released sets (Best FishesMagical Mermaids and Oceans of Joy) as well as several others. Thank you for spending some time with us today, I will Sea You Soon!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Stamps
Sea You Soon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sea You Soon Dies
Sea You Soon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Frilly Frames Herringbone
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment