Monday, April 6, 2020

Pink Peonies and Tiny Dancer Cards with Lynn and Ashley

Good morning! It’s Lynn here and I’m excited to share a birthday card I created featuring the beautiful Pink Peonies stamp set and dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pink Peonies Frilly Frame Dies Birthday Card by Lynn Put

To create my card, I started out by stamping three of the peonies and some of the leaves from the Pink Peonies stamp set and colored them using Copic markers then die cut them out using the Pink Peonies dies. Next I die cut a piece of white card stock using the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die

After that I die cut a stitched rectangle and blended on three different colors of distress oxide ink, at one end I used Twisted Citron Distress ink and then blended on some Fossilized Amber Distress ink in the middle and blended it out toward the other end for a lighter yellow. I then went back and blended on some Mowed Lawn Distress ink along the edges of the Twisted Citron end. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Pink Peonies Frilly Frame Dies Birthday Card by Lynn Put

Once my ink blending was completed, I used my Misti tool and stamped my sentiment. After that I watered down some black acrylic paint and added some paint splatters, once that was dry I adhered my blended ink piece to my Frilly Frames piece and adhered my peonies and leaf images, popping up the large center peony with foam tape. I also added some foam tape on the backside of my white die cut Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace piece before attaching it to my card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a very special card today! I used the Tiny Dancers set to create a custom card for my daughter's dance teacher. It's her very first year of dance, so she can give this to her teacher after her recital. It's not until June, so fingers crossed it is still able to happen! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Tiny Dancers Everyday Card by Ashley Ebbens

Aren't the dancers adorable? I colored them to look like my daughter and her classmates in their recital costumes (they are going to be bees). It's a two year old dance class, so the poses are a bit advanced, but it is just too cute. My girl is the blondie on the end, in case you were wondering ;)

I started by stamping the five dancers from Tiny Dancers in Lawn Fawn Jet Black ink, sketched the stripes in with pencil, and colored with Copics. I went over my pencil lines with a black Sharpie and added some dots and crosses for sparkle with a white gel pen, before cutting the dancers out with the Tiny Dancers dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Frilly Frame Dies Tiny Dancers Everyday Card by Ashley Ebbens

For the background, I blended Pinkfresh Studio inks in Ocean Breeze and Aquamarine. I added spotlights with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide and some Heffy Doodle Memo Tape. I embossed a strip of kraft cardstock with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and blended a bit of Pinkfresh Studio Warm Buff ink for depth to create the dance floor. Then, I cut the whole piece with the frame from Frilly Frames Stripes and added it to some grey starburst paper from the Subtle Grey Tones paper pack.

I stamped the sentiment from Tiny Dancers with Versafine Onyx Black. For a finishing touch and extra sparkle, I scattered a few Studio Katia Iridescent Crystals around the front of the card. Such a cute card for my Tiny Dancer's teacher!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you are all safe and well! Have a wonderful day!



Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Tiny Dancers Stamps
Tiny Dancers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiny Dancers Dies
Tiny Dancers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Stamps
Pink Peonies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pink Peonies Dies
Pink Peonies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. The tiny dancers are so cute! Just today I was coloring the dancers to make cards and I like your idea for the stage with the spotlights. My granddaughters love to dance, so I'm planning to make cards for them.
    Also love the flowers!
    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete